Burning Two Projects To One BD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old March 5th, 2015, 03:43 AM   #1
Major Player

Burning Two Projects To One BD

I have two separate projects in FCPX. I would like to burn/share them both to the same Blu-Ray disc.

Any ideas please as to how I may achieve this? I also have Toast Titanium.

Ron
Ronald Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2015, 08:29 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Burning Two Projects To One BD

Hi Ron,

Not a Mac user, but with Premiere and Encore for instance, one would simply encode each project to "H.264 Blu-ray" format and then put both the files into the Blu-ray project in Encore. Any Blu-ray authoring software should accept multiple files in a project. This is quite common, for instance a wedding video broken into "Wedding" and "Reception", two (or more) individual segments on one DVD or Blu-ray.

Thanks
Old March 14th, 2015, 05:49 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: Burning Two Projects To One BD

Hi Ron,

Sorry I don't know Toast well.

Personally I use Encore CS 6 for Mac. It was a part of CS6 Production Suite and allows you to creat nice interactive menus for blu-ray and even pop-up menus. However I'm afraid that this software is no more sold by Adobe :-( We don't have new authoring solution on Mac now. It's a shame.

If you can't find Encore, you might try with Compressor 4 and it's very basic authoring features (2 menus allowed : title menu and chapters menu).
Under FCPX, create a project with the two movies one after the other, on the same timeline, and a chapter mark at the end of the first one, then export it as a unique movie file.
Import that file in Compressor and create a Blu-ray with a chapter menu.
So the first movie plays by pressing chapter one button and the second movie plays with a click on chapter 2 button.
That's a fiddle but I hope it can helps!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring