Audio Interface at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old November 7th, 2011, 06:17 AM   #1
Telecam Films

Audio Interface

As much as I like the C300 modular approach, I am not too fond on the audio interface. It would be nice to be able to go bare bone with the just the C300 body and a mic but the XLR module being part of the LCD monitor, I don't think this is possible. I see that there is also a mini 3.5mm on the body labeled MIC but don't know if there is any sort of audio control on this input.

Any thoughts?

Best,
Thierry Humeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2011, 06:33 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Audio Interface

The Scarlet also has a mini jack, on that you have to buy the I/O module so you can use XLRs without a jump lead.

On the C300, I'd imagine you can select the mini jack using the menus and I'd assume that assigns it to one of the audio input controls.
Brian Drysdale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems