C300 zoom lens reference video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old January 7th, 2012, 02:24 AM   #1
Regular Crew

C300 zoom lens reference video

Hi
We did this quick reference video on the c300 so that we could see what focal lengths we wil get on different zooms from a set camera position of about 12 metres.
You may like to see it.
Mark Moreve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 05:57 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: C300 zoom lens reference video

Another really useful post Mark.

Keep them coming.

The 100-400 L looks beautiful - more filmic than the other - probably a more diffused shot through all that glass.

I guess I will use a 17-55 2.8 as my core lens and a shoulder bag on hand with a 10-20wide angle, the 100-400, and a 28mm.

I bought a 28mm lens because of the crop factor on the 7D which turns a 50mm into a 70mm (approx)

I have a 2x extender for the 100-400mm which normally really cuts down the light but I would imagine that with the expanded ISO of the C300 it should work nicely for odd occasions when you need a really long lens.

How did you get on with the scopes or the peaking?

Be great to hear your views on how the camera worked.
Mark Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 01:50 PM   #3
Major Player

Mark, on the last lens, 8-15mm in the end, is that at 8mm?
Markus Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 04:39 PM   #4
Wrangler

Looked to me like he zoomed out to full wide with it.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 06:45 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi
Thanks for your comments. I find that I use a mixture of the scopes and also the zebras on the camera. I actually found it a very easy camera to operate. It's just a case of getting used to the button position and rembering that your iris is not on the back of the lens but on one of two places. Which makes pulling stop a bit tricky but I set the iris to its fine position and that made it slightly easier, you still have to be quick on the iris movement though rather than smooth as you have to on a 2/3 rd inch lens.
The 8- 15 was actually only back to the 10 mark as otherwise you see the inside of the lens! Sorry I guess I should have shown that as well but there is a handy limit button on that lens which stops you going that far so I had that switched on.
Hope that helps
Cheers
Mark
Mark Moreve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2012, 02:29 AM   #6
Inner Circle

On full frame the 8-15mm is an either/or lens. At 15mm you don't crop. At 8mm, you get a circle. Unless you want a partially cropped circle, you zoom to one end or the other.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems