Remote / Lanc control on C300 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old January 10th, 2012, 05:19 AM   #1
Major Player

Remote / Lanc control on C300

Does anybody know what will be controllable via the remote terminal on the C300.

Whilst it will presumably allow for record stop and start could it be used to control any other aspect of the camera.

All it says in the manual is that it can be used to connect commercially available remote controllers.

I'm wondering whether one might be able to control the iris / aperture or focus via this terminal but there is no mention of this in any literature I've read.

My reason for thinking this might be a possibility is that both these options are available via the wi-fi remote function.

My local Canon dealer is advertising the Canon ZR-2000 Zoom Remote Controller for the C300.
Mark Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 11:55 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Remote / Lanc control on C300

I'm assuming that it would be the professional 12 pin connector, the same one that all industrial/broadcast video lenses have. Just a guess though, I don't know for sure.
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2012, 01:57 AM   #3
Major Player

The LANC / Remote terminal on the C300 is not 12pin - It is a 2.5mm stereo mini-jack

Here's what Canon say about it on their web site:

Fully LANC Compatible
Any LANC compatible control system can be used to remotely control the EOS C300 through its remote terminal. LANC provides intricate and robust camera control in situations where the camera operator does not have direct access to the camera itself or when the operator wishes to relocate certain camera controls to a different location, such as a tripod handle or lower job arm.

The word intricate interests me as it points to more function control than record start / stop.
Mark Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2012, 03:35 AM   #4
Trustee

Yup, I was totally wrong then. I couldn't imagine Canon or Sony putting lanc on a high end professional camera.
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2012, 07:17 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Dobson View Post

The word intricate interests me as it points to more function control than record start / stop.
Sadly I tried a number of LANC Controllers from Monfrotto stable ONLY could attempt Rec Start/Stop function. Havet tried the multi button & display type LANC of Monfrotto.

Any updates from your part of Globe
Roger Pinto is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems