Using LUTs with FCP at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old April 4th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Using LUTs with FCP

Hey All,

Is there somewhere I can find a walkthrough on using LUTs with C-log in FCP7...My editor is having issues and I wanted to point him in the right direction.

thanks!
Colin McAuliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2012, 11:13 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Using LUTs with FCP

LUT is nothing more than a fancy name for a gamma/colour correction preset. You can use whichever colour correction or grading filters you choose, you don't need anything special. I like the nattress levels and curves plugin for FCP.
Old April 8th, 2012, 07:59 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Well, I know what a LUT is. And it's all fine and dandy to use the presets that one with fcp or various plug-ins, but we'd still love to figure out how to use the LUTs as a base level to start CC from.
Colin McAuliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 01:33 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Just find a LUT plugin for FCP. I assume there are free ones out there somewhere. It will allow you to choose a LUT file. But I wouldn't use it as a place to start CC from.

I don't even have a LUT plugin installed. Simply throw on a 3-way color corrector, which usually renders in realtime. To taste: drop your blacks, raise your whites, tweak the mids if you like. The fun comes when you boost color saturation. You can really crank it up. And where DSLR footage would get nasty pretty quickly, the 422 footage just looks brilliant. I didn't know what all the fuss over color space was about until I experienced this for myself. Can't wait to shoot 444 one day.
Graham King is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems