JAG35 Electronic Follow Focus at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old September 18th, 2012, 08:46 AM   #1
Regular Crew

JAG35 Electronic Follow Focus

Has any one had an experience with JAG35 WFF ?

There seems to be no contact phone number of JAG website. the J3D motors claim to do 330degree turn sufficient for Zeiss CP2 long range focus lens.

Hoping some one shares more knowhow on the same.
Roger Pinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 10:49 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: JAG35 Electronic Follow Focus

It's being distributed by our good friends over at 16x9.......Jeff & James
16x9 Inc. :: Products

Jim Martin
Filmtools.com
Jim Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 12:06 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Any experience with this product.
Old September 18th, 2012, 12:13 PM   #4
Inner Circle

I sent a question to them regarding the motors. Specifically asking if the noise is any better on these. I've not gotten a response yet.

We used the J3D motors on a wired setup and found them quite noisy and they chattered constantly. Plenty of torque and almost a full turn of rotation (330 deg looks right). We were able to use them because we were shooting a music video that drowned out the motor noise. They would be hard to use anywhere near a microphone in a quiet setting (in my opinion).
Old September 18th, 2012, 08:45 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Medico View Post
We used the J3D motors on a wired setup and found them quite noisy and they chattered constantly. Plenty of torque and almost a full turn of rotation (330 deg looks right). We were able to use them because we were shooting a music video that drowned out the motor noise. They would be hard to use anywhere near a microphone in a quiet setting (in my opinion).
Thx for yr update. Which lens did u use J3D motors? Also were you using it with M1 controllers?

My issue with Jag35 is there seems to be no proper customer care section to reply back on issues.
Old September 19th, 2012, 01:41 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Finally ordered my JAG35 J3D motor Kit with wired Controller... Lets see how much of it is to my use !
Old September 19th, 2012, 04:33 AM   #7
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Pinto View Post
Thx for yr update. Which lens did u use J3D motors? Also were you using it with M1 controllers?

My issue with Jag35 is there seems to be no proper customer care section to reply back on issues.
We were using it on a 5d with the Canon 24-70 lens. Not a challenge for the motor since it is a short throw lens. I can test it on the vintage FD lenses I have. They require a good bit more torque to turn and turn much further. The downside of that situation is moving the motors further and faster to do a focus pull on a lens like that is going to produce a lot of sound from the motors. I really hope they can address that.
Old September 19th, 2012, 12:26 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Medico View Post
We were using it on a 5d with the Canon 24-70 lens. Not a challenge for the motor since it is a short throw lens. I can test it on the vintage FD lenses I have. They require a good bit more torque to turn and turn much further. The downside of that situation is moving the motors further and faster to do a focus pull on a lens like that is going to produce a lot of sound from the motors. I really hope they can address that.
Looking forward to your update ... preferably can you shoot a small video clip of the process !!!
Roger Pinto is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems