Still performance of 1DC at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old October 10th, 2012, 11:34 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Still performance of 1DC

It is clear that the 1DC is actually a 1DX with 4K raw.But is there any information about the speed and other capabilities of both the cameras being same ? I guess the the weather sealing is same.Those who have handled the pre production may pl through some light.
Ramji Meena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 06:09 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Still performance of 1DC

The still photography performance of the 1D C is similar as 1D X including the same metering system, AF etc. It has 4K. However the 4K raw footage is in motion JPEG format and not RAW. You have the same 1 series build quality and feels good with heavier lenses.

I am ambivalent about buying it, as I wonder whether the Codec would be approved by broadcasters like BBC/NGC etc.
Old October 11th, 2012, 08:52 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Now there are so many 35s cameras that Alan Robert has stopped testing them. I think BMC will pass the test and then we can hope for 1DC also.However for it's still performance built it will stand alone.
Ramji Meena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 09:52 AM   #4
Regular Crew

One source says that Canon confirmed that the 1DX and the 1DC are exactly the same except for the firmware and one of the ports on the side (1DX has a flash synce, 1DX might have a headphone jack.)

1DX is a really phenomenal camera. I'm very happy with it.

StillMotion on the 1DC - Canon 1DC Review: Our Firsthand Experience – stillmotion.
Jon Roemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2012, 08:17 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Just an update to what I wrote above -> other sites are reporting that there are under-the-hood physical differences between the 1DC and the 1DX, all designed to dissipate the heat created during 4K recording.
Jon Roemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2012, 01:54 AM   #6
Major Player

Jon,

A small correction to your post. The 1D X doesn't have a head phone jack. The 1D C has it. Also in the 1D C one can view the rear LCD as well as in an external screen via HDMI out. 1D X doesn't have that.

Canon will launch it after thorough testing and fine tuning. They are really aiming high. People have to think what the 1D C can do for them and whether the price is right or not for the intended benefits.
Old October 20th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
Jon,

A small correction to your post. The 1D X doesn't have a head phone jack. The 1D C has it. Also in the 1D C one can view the rear LCD as well as in an external screen via HDMI out. 1D X doesn't have that.
Yes, correct on all of that. I repeated myself on the "1D X" when the latter part about the ports I meant to write, "1D C."

Plus, there are still other differences like the 1D C can do C-log.
Jon Roemer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems