New $2000 rebate on C300/C300PL - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old March 3rd, 2013, 11:39 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: New $2000 rebate on C300/C300PL

I didn't know it sold for that price in the US. I thought it would be quite a bit cheaper like most DSLRs are over the pond.

Sadly I'm not VAT registered so full price for me.

I saw an advert in a camera magazine that said Canon were having a new cashback scheme on some camera and lenses starting 7th March. I doubt the C300 will be included but we can always hope.

I'm going to check out the C300 and C100 at the Canon stand at Focus on Imaging at the NEC tomorrow.
Andy Solaini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 01:17 PM   #17
Trustee

Maybe they will - NAB is soon upon us, and the rule of Sales is that offers are ONLY on slow selling lines. If the C100 and C300 are selling like the proverbial piping-hot post-prandial pudding, there is absolutely no reason to discount them, and Canon reps get to go to their annual incentive event.

Sorry to hear about the VAT.

BTW, I think we pay an extra 15% for video cameras (in terms of duty) because they're deemed to be VCRs under the EU tax regime. This is why consumer camcorders cannot record from external sources and why DSLRs cannot record more than 29 mins 59 seconds of video - they are NOT VCRs and are taxed at 5% upon import (i.e. the dealers pay this). The extra 10% import duty (which is on the price that the DEALERS pay) would push the prices beyond their intended brackets.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 07:17 PM   #18
New Boot

Have any of you had issues with the iris wheel on the left side of the camera - the small wheel under the large one? Mine is worn out after 200 hrs - it spins but rarely changes iris. And I'm now out of warranty. I'm making due with iris control on the grip until I can send the camera in. Currently shooting in South America.
Jeff Walters is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems