Review by Adam Wilt: the Canon EOS-1D C on DV Info Net at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old March 20th, 2013, 08:04 AM   #1
Obstreperous Rex

Review by Adam Wilt: the Canon EOS-1D C on DV Info Net

Adam Wilt's in-depth review of the 1D C is now published on DVi.

Quote:
Canon’s EOS-1D C, announced at NAB 2012, is now shipping. It’s a full-frame DSLR with an 18 Megapixel sensor, full-frame and crop-mode HD recording, and true 4K at 24fps: 4096×2160 pixels. Yep, 4K in a DSLR package. And it’s only… $12,000. Is Canon mad?

Or just crazy like a fox? Canon lent me a 1D C for a couple of weeks. Maybe we can find out.
Read the full multi-page article here -- Review: Canon EOS-1D C HD/4K DSLR at DV Info Net

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 02:02 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Review by Adam Wilt: the Canon EOS-1D C on DV Info Net

Nice writeup! Thanks!

I especially liked the dynamic range comparisons. I've seen earlier comparisons that has shown the Natural profile to be quite a bit cleaner than Canon Log. But then again, I have looked at native Log footage that looked very good, so it might be an ISO issue. There was talk that Canon Log shouldn't be used below ISO400.

Anyway... really looking forward to getting mine!
Andree Markefors is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems