Canon Cinema EOS Camera & Lens Loyalty Discounts, Instant Rebates, & 0% Lease Offers at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old April 26th, 2013, 11:19 AM   #1

Canon Cinema EOS Camera & Lens Loyalty Discounts, Instant Rebates, & 0% Lease Offers

Below is a summery of all the Canon Cinema EOS Camera and Lens offers.

0% Lease Financing for 2 years is available on almost everything in the Canon Cinema EOS line except for the 1DC.

The Canon Cinema EOS Loyalty Promotion is a Canon offer to registered owners of Canon Cinema EOS Cameras and EOS 1D, 5D, 6D, & 7D Cameras.

Cinema Prime lenses have $500 per lens Loyalty Discounts. The 3 Lens Kit has a $900 kit discount on top of the $500 per lens Loyalty Discount.

The Canon Cinema Zooms have Loyalty Discounts of $1000 & $2000 available.

The Loyalty Promotion, Instant Rebates, and the 0% lease offers can be combined.

Canon C100 Cinema EOS Camera Body $6499 - $1000 = $5499 0% 2 Year Lease = $229 per Month

Canon C100 Cinema EOS Camera w/ 24-105mm Lens $7099 - $1000 = $6099 0% 2 Year Lease = $255 per Month

Canon EOS C300 EF Mount Cinema Camera $15999 - $2000 = $13999 0% 2 Year Lease = $584 per month

Canon EOS C300 PL Mount Cinema Camera $15999 - $2000 = $13999 0% 2 Year Lease = $584 per month

Canon EOS C500 Cinema Camcorder Body - EF Mount $25999 0% 2 Year Lease = $1084 per month

Canon EOS C500 Cinema Camcorder Body - PL Mount $25999 0% 2 Year Lease = $1084 per month

Canon EOS-1D C Cinema EOS Camera Body $11999 48 Month Lease = $249 per month with $2350 down

Canon Cinema Lens Package: CN-E24mm, 50mm, & 85mm Lenses - $15120 - $1500 Loyalty Instant Rebate - $900 Kit Discount = $12720 0% 2 Year Lease = $530 per Month

Canon CN-E14mm T3.1 L F Cinema Lens $5220 - $500 = $4720 0% 2 Year Lease = $197 per Month

Canon CN-E24mm T1.5 L F EF-Mount Cinema Prime Lens $5220 - $500 = $4720 0% 2 Year Lease = $197 per Month

Canon CN-E35mm EF-Mount Cinema Prime Lens ETA Q4 2013

Canon CN-E50mm T1.3 L F EF-Mount Cinema Prime Lens - $4950 - $500 = $4450 0% 2 Year Lease = $186 per Month

Canon CN-E85mm T1.3 L F EF-Mount Cinema Prime Lens $4950 - $500 = $4450 0% 2 Year Lease = $186 per Month

Canon CN-E135mm T2.2 L F Cinema Lens EF-Mount ETA May $4950 - $500 = $4450 0% 2 Year Lease = $186 per Month

Canon CN-E14.5-60mm T2.6 LS Cinema Zooms EF or PL $42750 - $2000 = $40750 0% 2 Year Lease = $1680 per Month

Canon CN-E30-300mm T2.95-3.7 L S Cinema Zooms EF or PL $44650 - $2000 = $42650 0% 2 Year Lease = $1778 per Month

Canon CN-E15.5-47mm T2.8 L S Cinema Zooms EF or PL $23275 - $1000 = $22275 0% 2 Year Lease = $929 per Month

Canon CN-E30-105mm T2.8 L S Cinema Zooms EF or PL $23275 - $1000 = $22275 0% 2 Year Lease = $929 per Month

Canon Financial 1 Page Lease Application. Email to leasing@tmsav.com.
http://www.texasmediasystems.com/PDF...pplication.pdf
Terry Nixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2013, 01:39 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Canon Cinema EOS Camera & Lens Loyalty Discounts, Instant Rebates, & 0% Lease Off

Thank you, that is very helpful.
Old May 1st, 2013, 07:17 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Canon Cinema EOS Camera & Lens Loyalty Discounts, Instant Rebates, & 0% Lease Off

I just worked with Terry to get a lease through Canon. I did it because he contributes to this forum. He got the lease through quickly,and professionally. I had my C100 in hand about a week after initiating the process. Thoroughly recommend his company.
Al Bergstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 08:59 AM   #4

Thanks for the recommendation Al. Hope you enjoy the C100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bergstein View Post
I just worked with Terry to get a lease through Canon. I did it because he contributes to this forum. He got the lease through quickly,and professionally. I had my C100 in hand about a week after initiating the process. Thoroughly recommend his company.
Old September 14th, 2013, 10:15 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Warning there are hidden charges with Canon C300 lease to buy! I have paid 12 months which included state sales tax all good to here. Pay off number has added what Canon calls property/country tax 10% of the payoff figure.
I am overseas till Monday an will contact my attorney also will post quotes from Canon.

Be aware since this is not mentioned nor could my attorney find it in the agreement.

Last edited by Paul Cronin; September 15th, 2013 at 02:09 AM.
Paul Cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Not very happy with Canon adding this charge. Has anyone else had this problem with unknown charges being added for no reason?

My bad not knowing this ahead of time. I have to pay an extra $806.30 when I pay off the camera this week. Too bad this is not more upfront in the payoff. It is a property tax according to your state in the US. You do not get a receipt or know where it goes but they can add it in.

Lesson learned here and just want others to know this is part of the deal.

Moving forward
Old December 4th, 2013, 10:03 PM   #7

All Cinema EOS Rebates and 0% Promos Expire January 4

Canon Instant Rebates and 0% Promotions are scheduled to expire on January 4, 2014.

The sweet spot seems to be buying a camera body with a set of Cinema Primes and getting an $8000 package discount on the 0% lease while tacking on an extra EF lens to get the $550-$800 mail in rebate.

Canon C300 + 5 Cinema Prime Lens Package: C300 EF, CN-E14mm, 24mm, 50mm, 85mm, & 135mm Lenses = $8000 Discount = $1304 per Month on 0% Lease

Apply Online for a 0% Canon Lease

Let us know if you have any questions about how to maximize the rebates.

Terry Nixon
Ph 512-440-1400 Ext 203

Texas Media Systems
4311 Medical Parkway
Austin, TX 78756

Texas Media Systems: Video Acquisition, Pro Audio, Video Editing, Integrated Systems
www.facebook.com/texasmediasystems
Instagram
www.twitter.com/txmedia
Pinterest
Old December 6th, 2013, 04:56 PM   #8
Major Player

Any of this available in the UK?
Old December 8th, 2013, 09:50 AM   #9
Telecam Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Cronin View Post
Not very happy with Canon adding this charge. Has anyone else had this problem with unknown charges being added for no reason?

My bad not knowing this ahead of time. I have to pay an extra $806.30 when I pay off the camera this week. Too bad this is not more upfront in the payoff. It is a property tax according to your state in the US. You do not get a receipt or know where it goes but they can add it in.

Lesson learned here and just want others to know this is part of the deal.

Moving forward
I agree, that is a bit surprising. I don't see any reference to that in my lease agreement either and hope this is not a charge that is applied every year, could make the leased camera quite expensive at the end...
Thierry Humeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2013, 09:57 AM   #10
Inner Circle

Thierry,

They do it and won't tell you what tax it is. They also would not send me a receipt for the extra tax when I paid off my camera. Canon lost my business with this move after I sold the C300.
Old December 9th, 2013, 11:54 AM   #11
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Cronin View Post
Pay off number has added what Canon calls property/country tax 10% of the payoff figure... Be aware since this is not mentioned nor could my attorney find it in the agreement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thierry Humeau View Post
I don't see any reference to that in my lease agreement either...
I'm not doubting that you believe this to be true. I don't think either one of you would post this unless you were absolutely convinced that the CFS lease agreement doesn't mention property tax. However, I have been in contact with a CFS representative regarding this thread, and he says that the property tax is indeed specifically pointed out in the lease agreement. I have a copy of the CFS lease agreement here that has the property tax clause highlighted in red. I'm posting it as a .PDF and a .JPG for reference. Is this the same document as yours? If not, could you please scan and upload your lease agreement and attach it here? Thanks in advance,
Attached Thumbnails
Canon Cinema EOS Camera & Lens Loyalty Discounts, Instant Rebates, & 0% Lease Offers-screen-shot-2013-12-09-11.12.57-am.png  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Canon Lease Agreement with tax info highlighted.pdf (207.5 KB, 450 views)

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2013, 12:02 PM   #12
Obstreperous Rex

Also, I'm going to share some information provided to me by email from Terry Nixon, the originator of this thread, from our sponsor Texas Media Systems. I believe Terry intended for me to post this publicly:

Quote:
Canon Financial Services lease is fairly straight forward about the $65 doc fee, insurance requirements, and that all taxes must be paid by the customer per the attached lease agreement:

"Customer (a) shall pay a $65 documentation fee and (b) agrees to pay any applicable taxes (including personal property tax), expenses, charges and fees imposed upon CFS or Customer with respect to the Equipment, the Payments or the Customer's performance or non-performance hereunder and shall reimburse CFS for the same plus processing fees (collectively, 'Costs')."

There is no getting out of sales and property taxes unless there are exemptions available like the Film and Television exemption that we use in Texas:

Texas Film Commission, Office of the Governor Rick Perry - Sales Tax Exemptions

The $65 doc fee goes towards the cost of the UCC filing on each lease with the local government entity. Canon is legally obligated to pay what is legally required in sales and property taxes where the lease was filed.

Old December 9th, 2013, 12:02 PM   #13
Inner Circle

Hi Chris,

You can kill this thread since I know Canon is a big supporter of this site. Not trying to make trouble here.

My experience has been:
Yes there is a mention in the agreement. But it does not say what the tax is? It is not a sales tax as Canon says? Canon would not give us a receipt of this tax for my taxes? And the rate is not my sales tax rate?

All very strange and I would prefer if they were up front. Did I pay the tax? Yes, I had to, I sold the camera and needed to clear the loan.

I have now done the lease to purchase with Sony for the F55. So I got the rate in advance but Sony says as Canon did there could be other charges. My whole point is buyer be ware, the big companies are not giving you 0% only, there are hidden fees and when they won't tell you the fee up front it is not right.
Old December 9th, 2013, 12:22 PM   #14
Obstreperous Rex

Thanks Paul,

I'm not willing to kill this thread (or edit it for that matter) because I believe that it will be helpful to those folks who are considering the lease program, in that they will be aware of the associated taxes and fees, etc.

I've never been a fan of the "zero percent down" marketing strategy, whether it's for a camera or a car or a new set of living room furniture. There's always a catch or some associated cost or something. There has to be, since the capitalism model cannot thrive without profit. I'm fine with that, but don't call it free, because free has no value. Make it a good deal, and then call it a good deal.

I believe the equipment lease programs offered by the majors can be a very good deal for someone who doesn't have the immediate cash to buy outright. Even with the taxes, fees, charges, etc., a lease program makes perfect sense for a particular market segment. We're fortunate to have site sponsors like Terry and Texas Media Systems who are in a position to put lease offers in front of our readers. A lease can be an effective solution for jump-starting a new video production business, or extending the reach an existing one. For those folks who are considering a leasing option, being aware and informed up front about what's exactly involved is always the best way to go.

Old December 9th, 2013, 05:14 PM   #15
Inner Circle

Well said Chris,

Thank you

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems