DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/)
-   -   Monitor for C100 (for really bright conditions) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/516188-monitor-c100-really-bright-conditions.html)

Julie Hill April 29th, 2013 08:36 AM

Monitor for C100 (for really bright conditions)

I shoot weddings... mostly outdoors in super bright situations. The LCD on this camera sucks. I don't need a recorder (like the Ninja) just a good monitor to stick on top of the camera that I can actually SEE in these conditions or have some kind of hood, etc. like a z-finder. Thanks for any suggestions!

Chris Medico April 29th, 2013 09:15 AM

Re: Monitor for C100 (for really bright conditions)

The SmallHD have really good hoods for their monitors.

AC7 Accessories

Cuong Dinh April 29th, 2013 09:15 AM

Check out this one maybe help

HD Warrior Blog Archiv Canon C100 with Hoodman Loupe and 4″ hood riser

Nate Haustein April 29th, 2013 09:33 AM

I've been kind of enjoying using the smallHD DP4-EVF. I put the monitor on top of the camera and then brace the camera against my chest. It's comfortable, secure, and my neck doesn't hurt from craning over the LCD on the back or holding up the whole camera at eye level all day. I just put it on a small ball head on the front shoe mount. I use an Apple branded HDMI cable and loop the excess length around the space between the body and the grip. You can of course take the EVF portion off for indoor work.

Tim Allison April 29th, 2013 11:48 AM

Zacuto keeps promising a slide-on eye-piece that will basically convert the lcd screen into an electronic view finder, kind of like what Sony did on the EX3. But Zacuto keeps sliding back the delivery date on this product. We do a lot of gardening videos, so I "feel your pain" of working with an lcd screen in bright sunlight.

Erik Naso May 2nd, 2013 07:32 PM

SmallHD has a new super bright monitor. The DP-7 SB.It's pricy at $1600 but if you need it....

DP7-PRO 7in 1280x800 OLED On-Camera Field Monitor compare with Sony PVM 740 OLED | SmallHD

Al Bergstein May 2nd, 2013 10:59 PM

I was out in bright light shooting today, and yes, the LCD needs help. (unlike the xf305 lcd). Boo to Canon for not putting a brighter LCD on this higher end camera. You might try the simple but effective Hoodman loop, which is not much, but does give you a darkened lcd. I am using the Marshall for my external monitor, and it seems to work well, but I had a Small HD before it. Both are nice monitors.

Kathy Smith May 19th, 2013 02:55 PM

Any opinions on this monitor?
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/837494-REG/Marshall_Electronics_M_CT7_NEL3_7_CAMERA_TOP_MONITOR.html

Nate Haustein May 19th, 2013 03:22 PM

Not a high enough resolution on that Marshall for a 7" monitor. 800x480 will cut it for a 4 or 5" panel, but 7" is pushing it in my opinion. For framing it would work well, but critical focus, not so much. Look for something around 1280x800.

Kathy Smith May 19th, 2013 04:01 PM

SmallHD would probably be the cheapest in this case

Nate Haustein May 19th, 2013 08:06 PM

I own the AC7 (basic HDMI model) and it is very nice for the money.

Peter Chaney May 20th, 2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate Haustein (Post 1796322)
I own the AC7 (basic HDMI model) and it is very nice for the money.

Could not agree more