CS100 with BlackMagic Shuttle not working at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old May 7th, 2013, 08:10 AM   #1
Trustee

CS100 with BlackMagic Shuttle not working

I have the original BlackMagic shuttle that records uncompressed and it does not work with my C100. When I dig into the menu system on the C100 and find the HDMI option to select what gets displayed, it is just flashing. Any ideas?
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 08:25 AM   #2
Trustee

re: CS100 with BlackMagic Shuttle not working

Try unplugging the HDMI, changing settings on the camera, then plugging the HDMI back in.
Old May 7th, 2013, 09:41 AM   #3
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Haustein View Post
Try unplugging the HDMI, changing settings on the camera, then plugging the HDMI back in.
What settings should I be changing exactly? All I really see is frame rates (24p, 24psf, 29.97psf and 60i)

I tried restarting the camera and the shuttle numerous times as well as plugging and unplugging. there appears to options to change what you want to be sent out the HDMI but that is greyed out or flashing when I access the menu with HDMI cable plugged in. The HDMI out is working fine to a Sharp LCD TV also...
Old May 7th, 2013, 11:51 AM   #4
Trustee

I believe I heard somewhere that the C100 does not allow changing of HDMI parameters when a cable is plugged into the camera. Also, the Hyperdeck does not detect timecode over HDMI, so you will need to manually start/stop recording on the Hyperdeck.

You can set the camera to any frame rate, but the HDMI sends out a 60i signal no matter what.
After you turn on the Hyperdeck, press the stop button to ready the device for recording. After that, press the record button on the Hyperdeck to trigger recording.

I own the Hyperdeck 2, so there my be some differences that make the first one incompatible with the C100, but I would think it would work.
Old May 7th, 2013, 12:19 PM   #5
Trustee

Thanks Nate. In actuality I am using the shuttle as an HDMI to SDI converter in this case....so I am just trying to pass the signal through the device, and out SDI on the other side. No need to actually record....although that would be a nice bonus!!!
Old May 9th, 2013, 09:59 AM   #6
Trustee

Re: CS100 with BlackMagic Shuttle not working

It's working! I downloaded the latest firmware and applied it and now everything is kosher. I was able to pass the signal through the shuttle (converting HDMI to SDI) to my Samurai and it worked great. This was just to do some comparing between the AVCH and Pro Res.

Thanks everyone.
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems