Square box in the middle of EVF. Where'd it go? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old May 14th, 2013, 07:32 AM   #1
Trustee

Square box in the middle of EVF. Where'd it go?

Stupid question....I am certain. I just received my very own C100 after sending back the demo model. I began customizing everything to the way I like it, but I seem to be missing the little square box in the middle of the evf that turns blue when you auto focus. I don't use it a lot but I was testing to verify everything was working, and when it hit the auto focus button I was expecting to see that box turn a solid color when it was focused....but the box is no where to be found. I searched the all the menus and tried turning on markers....but it does not appear to be in that area either. I do have auto focus turned on.

Perhaps I am just overlooking or maybe crazy? Anyone have any ideas?
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 11:22 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Square box in the middle of EVF. Where'd it go?

Is your camera on auto focus or manual focus? That could be why the square box has disappeared. I dont have my C100 infront of me but I can check when I get home.
Old May 14th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #3
Trustee

The lens is definitely in auto focus mode. I am not in front of mine but I have a theory. When customizing my layout, I turned all of the overlays that I thought I would not need off so that I had a less cluttered screen. I think one of them was AF which I assumed meant I would see the letters "AF" on the screen when my lens was in auto focus mode. I saw no need to see the letters "AF" on the screen all the time.

I am now hypothesizing (is that a word??? :) ) that this actually turned off the square in the middle that lights when autofocus is complete. I will update this if I indeed determine this to be true.
Old May 15th, 2013, 06:24 AM   #4
Trustee

As I suspected, AF needs to be turned on in your customize display settings. Sure enough there is as small "AF" on the left side of the screen at all times but the white box in the middle is back. It's important to note that the AF feature still works without this turned on. There simply is no box that turns blue to indicate that focus has been achieved.

Thanks everyone.
Old May 15th, 2013, 12:09 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Good information to know

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems