Color Correction with C-Log and the C100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old June 23rd, 2013, 10:04 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Color Correction with C-Log and the C100

Having just come from FCP7 into Premier Pro 6 I would like to know what you pros are using for color correction of the C-log (C100).

I've read a lot of people are using After Effects for color correction, I know Premier Pro has it too but what are the rest of you guys using for C-log?.

Please link some videos of other products too. I've heard about DaVinci, Colorista and others. I am not a rocket scientist in color correction so please something for the semi pro. I am also using the Ninja if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Bill
Bill Scherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2013, 01:36 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Color Correction with C-Log and the C100

I'm sure you'll get lots of options - I'm mainly using Magic Bullet Looks in FCPX, which includes a basic version of Colorista and some great level/curve controls needed to work with C-Log.

However, for day-to-day stuff, Nattress Curves, Tonalizer and even the built-in FCPX tools will do a reasonable job, but I find the 'low-mid-high' controls too coarse for effective C-Log work. If all that's needed is a bit of curves and a touch of sharpening, I use Tonalizer. If I need careful curve work prior to simple colour correction, I'll use Nattress Curves. If it's both curve and colour work, MBP.

I'm learning Resolve for higher end work, with an eye on its editing capabilities as well as its excellent track mattes (or Power Windows). It won't be for every job (simply on time or budget constraints), but it makes sense if your world may incorporate Black Magic camera rushes sometime soon.

Tonalizer: http://www.irudis.com/Products/TonalizerVFXPRO.aspx

Nattress Curves:

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems