C100 Import Utility at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old July 28th, 2013, 05:17 PM   #1
Trustee

C100 Import Utility

I sometimes need to give C100 clips to others. Is there a download location for the import utility that comes with the camera? It's important to use it to avoid 'glitches' that occur at the 2GB file boundries if clips are just dropped onto the timeline. I need both the Mac and PC versions.
Jim Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2013, 07:23 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: C100 Import Utility

I'm not aware of a C100 import utility from Canon. The C300 has one. Here is the link to what Canon offers as far as software goes.

Canon U.S.A. : Professional Imaging Products : EOS C100
Old July 28th, 2013, 08:38 PM   #3
Trustee

There is an import utility that comes with the C100. It's on a CD entitled 'Data Import Utility' by Pixela Corporation. It's important to use it to join clips that are larger than the 2GB. If the 2GB segments of large clips are just dropped onto the timeline, there are glitches at the 2GB boundries.
Old July 28th, 2013, 08:56 PM   #4
Trustee

I just Googled Pixela Corporation. Canon bundles their software with consumer camcorders. I guess Canon decided to hoist it off on C100 owners as well! In painful english on their website, Pixela offers to sell a download copy. No thank you!

Dear Mr. Canon. Sony provides a vastly more sophisticated utility called Clip Browser to join clip segments on the EX1, EX3 and other cameras. Clip Browser can be downloaded on Sony's website at no charge. It's a camera support utility, not a 'revenue'product.
Old July 28th, 2013, 11:44 PM   #5
Major Player

Given the decent xf utility for the MXF files on the XF100, 300 and the 500, Canon ought to be ashamed of the lame import utility that they bundle with the C100, given the price. I guess they figure that we just import the whole card, and have Adobe read it for us.

I would love to see a real card manager, like the mxf world has. While it isn't perfect, it's enormously better than the one you are describing.
Al Bergstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2013, 08:22 AM   #6
Regular Crew

And I am in a further pickle as I own a desktop without CD reader, therefore unable to download the software.
I proceeded with FCPX to do so, encode into ProRes and edit into Premiere. I called Canon, the tech apologized after confirming that Canon does not have a downloadable version of the software and said he was going to notify Canon about it.
Erick Munari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2013, 02:51 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Snow View Post
There is an import utility that comes with the C100. It's on a CD entitled 'Data Import Utility' by Pixela Corporation. It's important to use it to join clips that are larger than the 2GB. If the 2GB segments of large clips are just dropped onto the timeline, there are glitches at the 2GB boundries.
I would try using Clipwrap (there is a trial) and see what you think.
Bob Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2013, 05:00 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Cant you just copy the software install files off of the cd and send them to who ever needs them?
Ben Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2013, 07:17 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Moore View Post
Cant you just copy the software install files off of the cd and send them to who ever needs them?
Ben, I did just that, into a memory stick, into the iMac. Up and running.
Erick Munari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2013, 04:42 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Cool, glad to know it works! :-)
Ben Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2013, 05:45 PM   #11
Trustee

I copied mine of the CD and stored on my network share that is backed up. I figure I'm very likely to just lose the disk eventually!!!
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems