C100 - 5DM3 Color Match at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old September 10th, 2014, 07:37 PM   #1
Regular Crew

C100 - 5DM3 Color Match

Hey guys,

I know this has been covered in previous post, but has anyone tried matching both cameras using Davinci Resolve and the Auto Color Match feature? I decided to try it today due to I'm shooting my nephew's wedding later this month. Please keep on mind I'm no expert colorist, I'm just a novice. I've been playing around with Resolve for the last couple of months.

The setup I used was the 5DM3 has Magic Lantern 123 with the Technicolor profile. I used Wide DR on the C100. I used he 24-105mm F4 on both cameras and both were set for 5500K WB.

As for the X-Rite chart I found a downloadable sample online, so I downloaded it, saved it to my iPad for testing. I didn't want to buy one until I was able to test to see if it would work. going forward I think I will purchase the Passport tomorrow.

I've included a couple of samples and feel free to comment. As I mentioned above I'm no expert, just beginning to be a novice....

David
Attached Thumbnails
C100 - 5DM3 Color Match-c100-5dm3-color-match3.jpg  
Dave Ande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2014, 06:12 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: C100 - 5DM3 Color Match

I'm facing the same issue, just got a C100 and have a 5D3. I'm guessing the 5D3 is the photo on the left?

I'm no expert either, but looks good enough for jazz.
Michael Thames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2014, 08:59 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: C100 - 5DM3 Color Match

You're right. 5DM3 is on the left.
Dave Ande is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems