C100 Atomos Ninja Blade Audio Delay? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old October 22nd, 2014, 06:50 AM   #1
Inner Circle

C100 Atomos Ninja Blade Audio Delay?

Hi all:

Just setting up my new C100 with the Atomos Ninja Blade. I have looked all over the web, the Atomos website, the manual and I cannot find any detail or suggestions about audio delay when using the C100 with the Blade? Are any of you using any audio delay when recording with the C100 and the Blade with an 18" HDMI cable? Seems strange that the feature is there, yet I can't find any recommendations on if this setup needs an audio delay. Thanks for any suggestions.
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2014, 09:40 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: C100 Atomos Ninja Blade Audio Delay?

I don not have the Blade (yet). On one of Stefan Czech's videos he had the audio shift set at 7 frames for a C100. Don't know personally if this will work.
Richard D. George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2014, 06:42 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Are you sure Stefan had that delay for the C100 or was it for the 5D MKIII? If it's his video about the Ninja 2 and using it with the C100 and the 5D MKIII, I think the delay was for the analog audio input. Supposedly the HDMI in the 5D MKIII doesn't have enough bandwidth to carry both audio and video so you have to run analog audio out of the 5D MKIII to the analog input on the Ninja. That needing a 7 frame delay makes sense to me because audio and video are coming from two different inputs, one analog and one digital so a timing mismatch would occur when the two signals are combined.

I posted this inquiry on some other forums and C100 owners told me that the delay is not needed on the C100, the audio and video signal are both transported in the same HDMI digital signal so there are no out of sync issues?
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2014, 06:47 PM   #4
Major Player

OK, sorry. I was trying to help and was in a hurry.
Richard D. George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2014, 11:05 AM   #5
Inner Circle

No problem, appreciate your advice. I just completed my first shoot with the C100 and everything seems fine so I guess one doesn't have to use the offset unless you are using certain models of camera.
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems