Green lines on C100 footage at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old January 16th, 2015, 11:05 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Green lines on C100 footage

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find a solution. We just recently purchased a C100, and have had this issue on a few shoots. Green lines pop in on the footage on the white or grey areas. I don't see it on the viewfinder, to my knowledge.

Any idea what this is, or how it is fixed? It's on the shirts, wall and fry box.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Green lines on C100 footage-b-roll.00_01_10_00.still001.jpg   Green lines on C100 footage-interviews.00_08_20_13.still002.jpg  

Green lines on C100 footage-b-roll.00_01_47_05.still002.jpg   Green lines on C100 footage-interviews.00_12_17_03.still001.jpg  

Steve Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2015, 02:29 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Green lines on C100 footage

What brand media are you using?

Do you see these green lines if you play back the clip in the camera? If the screen is too small to notice anything, have you tried plugging it up to a TV?

If camera playback is clean, what NLE are you using? How did you get the footage from the SD card to the hard drive you are working off of, or are you working from the media?
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2015, 03:10 PM   #3
Regular Crew

You have a bad C100. I had this exact same issue on my first C100 except the lines were red. They looked exactly the same though and only showed up at certain exposure values. I contacted Canon and they exchanged the camera for me. This was last February. I had to argue with them a lot at first because they thought it was moire, but once they received the camera and inspected it they quickly took care of the issue. they never said though whether it was bad sensor or processor or what. They should be real familiar with this issue now so you shouldn't have any trouble getting a replacement. I've attached a few screen grabs showing the phenomenon on my original C100.
Attached Thumbnails
Green lines on C100 footage-c100-1.jpg   Green lines on C100 footage-c100-2.jpg  

Green lines on C100 footage-c100-3.jpg  
Scott Bellefeuille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2015, 04:44 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Huff View Post
What brand media are you using?

Do you see these green lines if you play back the clip in the camera? If the screen is too small to notice anything, have you tried plugging it up to a TV?

If camera playback is clean, what NLE are you using? How did you get the footage from the SD card to the hard drive you are working off of, or are you working from the media?
Transcend SD cards - class 10.

Had my co-worker check with different lenses, and it IS showing on camera playback, you just have to be looking for it.

Visible on both Premiere and AE CC 2014. Footage is imported through the Canon import disk that comes with the camera.
Steve Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2015, 02:54 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Have you tried viewing the footage with the camera connected directly to a tv screen or with a mediaplayer directly from the card?
Noa Put is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems