Gratical HD with C300MII no time code or tally light at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old June 8th, 2016, 02:14 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Gratical HD with C300MII no time code or tally light

Is there a trick to getting the time code and tally light to work on the Gratical HD with the c300 mark II? No running time code, just 000000 on the display.
Scott Stoneback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2016, 07:33 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Gratical HD with C300MII no time code or tally light

What is the connection?
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2016, 08:11 PM   #3
Regular Crew

SDI connection. I don't use hdmi, too junky, but I should test it.

I've lived without TC and tally light, but it is annoying. Also, it won't trigger the Odyssey recorder, which is Daisy chained and using TCS advancing to start recording. No time code no trigger.
Old June 8th, 2016, 08:12 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Which SDI output do you have it plugged into?
Old June 8th, 2016, 08:40 PM   #5
Regular Crew

SDI Monitor out. The sdi signal from monitor out should carry the time code signal, right?
Old June 12th, 2016, 08:18 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Is your Gratical on the latest firmware? I looked at the menu settings on my C300 M2 and could not find any option to turn off timecode so I would assume it's all being output correctly. You can also try the Raw out connection too and see if that makes any difference, though I wouldn't think that would matter.
Old August 2nd, 2016, 01:05 PM   #7
Regular Crew

I have a slight update to this issue. Looks like Zacuto is working on this issue, which is great (to get it fixed and to also know it's not some dumb mistake on my end).

From Kim at Zacuto: "We are working on getting the timecode and record light working for the C300 Mark II – just waiting for Canon to send us a tester. Sorry for the delay on this."

Thanks Kim and Zacuto. Although I have had some small issues with Zacuto products, I appreciate the customer service and the attention to detail.

My Gratical and C300 M2 are all latest firmware. Just did the Mark 2 update the other evening.

Additionally, the Odyssey was not liking the 2k output from the Canon C300 M2 when it was in SDI "Alpha A". Put it in "Alpha B" and all was good. There are a lot of little gotchas with all the newer gear. It is complicated and technical... and there aren't many resources to find good info.
Scott Stoneback is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems