1DX Mark II, 4K, DPAF, + Rodeo - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old July 17th, 2016, 07:28 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: 1DX Mark II, 4K, DPAF, + Rodeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
Thanks Jon!

Immediately checked and got it. I somehow had misread the default ISO 12800 limit in 4K to be the max limit. I will now have to test and see how good the higher ISOs are.
Most reviews got it wrong and said that 12800 was a hard and fast upper limit for 4K. Not the case.

I haven't tested it yet to see what's usable.
Old July 21st, 2016, 07:23 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Brockett View Post
Cool shoot Jon. A friend of mine is just introducing his own line of distilled spirits, it's kind of a fascinating world.
Dan - the client let me put together a little video with some samples of the clip library I created for them. The video opens with the distillery footage.

The first three clips are 4K 60P on the 1DX Mark II & conformed to 24p in post for slow-motion. The rest of the footage is with the C300.

More info on my blog: Mount Vernon Interrupted – Learning to See
Old July 29th, 2016, 07:57 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Nicely done Jon. My wife has been there with my son but I was not on the trip, would love to see it in person. Great photography. Which jib did you use? Did you have help or were you one man banding it? Was this a job with a client or just tests?
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2016, 09:38 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Brockett View Post
Nicely done Jon. My wife has been there with my son but I was not on the trip, would love to see it in person. Great photography. Which jib did you use? Did you have help or were you one man banding it? Was this a job with a client or just tests?
Dan - thanks!

The jib was a Kessler Pocket Jib Traveler. I had one assistant but I was working in tandem with a stills photographer who also had an assistant. So, lots of group effort as needed and where needed.

The elevated exteriors were shot from a 40' lift.

This was a job to create a b-roll library.

Lots of info and BTS photos on my blog: Mount Vernon Interrupted – Learning to See

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems