New Canon Promotions Including $4,000 Instant Savings on C300mkII - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old July 9th, 2016, 02:31 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: New Canon Promotions Including $4,000 Instant Savings on C300mkII

Par for the course these days. I bought my C100 MKI in the fall of 2014 when I knew that the C100 MKII was going to hit the market just a few weeks later. But the job was overseas, an instant 14 rental days right out the door, paid off half of the price of the camera in the first two weeks. Was paid off completely two months later.

I agree, the C300 MKII is overpriced, especially at $16k for the body only. $12k is at least closer to where it should be and at $10k, I think it eats the FS7's lunch other than at 4k 60p, which to me, is close to useless for most of my work. But the Sony terrible skin tones and colors and disconcerting motion signature at 24p makes the FS7 not my or my clients favorite camera. But for others, that f4k 60p feature is essential so depends on your needs. Gear costs what it costs, the trick is to only buy what your market will allow you quickly pay off. I have a feeling that some C300 MKII buyers bought one because they wanted one, more than their business model demanded one so they made that stretch to $16k plus adding in batteries and lots of CFast cards brings it up to $20k really quickly. The big difference is these days, you need to recoup the cost of a camera very, very quickly, I would say within two to three months. If you can't do that, you are probably buying too expensive of a camera for your business model.

For my business, at present, I can't justify it and just rent the C300 MKII occasionally but I have a union thing possibly happening. If it happens, I will buy the C300 MKII because the work will pay it off in under 2 months and then it will be a great money maker for me. If not, will continue to rent the C300 MKII for clients who need/want 4k. For those who don't (the majority), I will continue to rent them my C100/Ninja Blade package.
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems