My New Canon C300 MKii is one year old at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old September 18th, 2016, 10:50 PM   #1
Regular Crew

My New Canon C300 MKii is one year old

I ordered a new C300 ii . Received sealed box from Canon India yesterday. Saw the date of import 10.9.15 and did not open it.Canon India says they imported just one lot when it was launched.
It must have been stored in a place like Mumbai where the humidity is very very high. Want your thoughts whether a one year old stock can be considered as fresh or I return for a recent make piece?
Ramji Meena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2016, 08:32 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Re: My New Canon C300 MKii is one year old

Ramji, these cameras are not made continuously on a daily basis. They're produced in batches on specific dates. It makes sense that Canon India would receive only one specific batch. I would not be too concerned about a one-year-old import date. The question about storage humidity is of greater importance. I'm willing to bet that expensive electronics such as this were properly stored in a temperature & humidity controlled environment.

There may have been a firmware update for this camera since its date of manufacture, but that can be easily managed in the field.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2016, 11:12 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Chris, I had a discussion with canon India head sales. My only concern was the humidity. He assured me and I am going ahead. Thanks
Ramji Meena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2016, 02:40 AM   #4
Major Player

Ramji,
You shouldn't be worried. Last year from September onwards, I was shooting in the Thane creek with the C300 Mark I in the rains and humidity of Mumbai. And since I was not carrying the dry box either for several months continuously the camera remained exposed to the humidity during the day as well as night. And it works fine.
Old October 27th, 2016, 12:00 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks Sabyasachi.
Ramji Meena is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems