If my A Cam is a C300 mk II, what color settings should a C100 mk II B Cam use? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old December 8th, 2016, 05:49 PM   #1
Regular Crew

If my A Cam is a C300 mk II, what color settings should a C100 mk II B Cam use?

I just replaced one of my C100s with a C300 mk II. I do a lot of work with second camera rolling, and I'm wondering what the best settings are on each camera to get a similar look?

Anyone have any wisdom on this?
Old December 8th, 2016, 07:53 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: If my A Cam is a C300 mk II, what color settings should a C100 mk II B Cam use?

Ben...this is a tough one. The C300II sees color in a completely different way from the older cameras. If you peer deeply into one of the white papers you'll find that the "original Cinema EOS" color matrix setting was designed to match the C500 when in Rec 709 color space. So that's a big dumbing down of the C300II...but if you want the cameras to match, that's a rough starting point. You might also start searching for LUT's that are designed to match the two cameras, which might be more worthwhile approach.
Old December 10th, 2016, 11:16 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: If my A Cam is a C300 mk II, what color settings should a C100 mk II B Cam use?

Thanks for the reply! I did a test shoot today. I set up a little still life outside when it was sunny, and then shot myself walking around my apartment when it got dark. I filmed a number of different color settings on the C300 mk ii and just left the C100 mk ii on CP Locked.

When I got into Premiere, the clips from the C300 mk ii that were shot in the CP preset "Canon Log" were by far the closest to the C100 mk ii.
Old December 11th, 2016, 04:56 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I'm in the same boat. I've been using C100s for years, and I just got my hands on a C300mk2. I recently did a shoot where I set the c300mk2 to bt709, and I set the C100 to CP8 (wide dr) with sharpness at -10. They intercut very well with minimal color correction.
Bob Drummond is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems