C300 MarkII monitor hotshoe stripped and loose at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old February 2nd, 2017, 02:03 PM   #1
Regular Crew

C300 MarkII monitor hotshoe stripped and loose

Anyone else have this issue? I noticed the monitor unit as loose... tightened it down... still felt loose. Removed the monitor from the camera and noticed one of the four tiny screws had backed out. As I attempted to tighten it back up, the screw sank all the way down the threads, straight in the hole. Obviously stripped out and so it seems the other ones are doing the same.

I am going to be sending the camera into Canon to see about a warranty replacement. Just trying to sort out if this is a common issue, to try and bolster my case for a free replacement. I know of one other owner having this issue, in fact he said to just replace the part because his totally stripped out.
Scott Stoneback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2017, 11:55 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: C300 MarkII monitor hotshoe stripped and loose

Haven't had this problem with the C300mk2 but the same thing happened to me with my C300 which was out of warranty.

As I was off out on several days location filming I needed to sort it out so used superglue to make a temporary fix. This worked initially but cost me more money evetually as the base unit subsequently needed replacing.
Mark Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2017, 11:08 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: C300 MarkII monitor hotshoe stripped and loose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Dobson View Post
...As I was off out on several days location filming I needed to sort it out so used superglue to make a temporary fix. This worked initially but cost me more money evetually as the base unit subsequently needed replacing.
A teeny scrap of steel wool can tighten up a stripped screw hole... usually requires some experimenting and a dental pick to get the right amount in the right place.

Nasty stuff though - steel wool dust in your skin or delicate camera parts should be avoided.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems