more lens questions - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old September 29th, 2009, 09:28 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Miller View Post
...Nikon can argue that their 720p video is good enough for most uses. But the market has expressed its opinion...
I would have been content with 720p. In fact, I *really* wanted the D90 to be my camera. Unfortunately, the rolling shutter is much worse on the D90 than the 5D2. But the real decider for me was the codec. My goal was to make some video beauty shots. The D90 codec doesn't really allow that.

The 5D2/7D encoder is what truly separates Canon DvSLR video from its competitors. The rolling shutter is better too, but still has lots of room for improvement.
Old September 29th, 2009, 10:44 AM   #17
Trustee

The new Nikon, due for launch next month, will not be 720p but a full 1080p in full frame format (although there are hints of Nikon offering the video inside the crop mode, but I don't think so...well, certainly hope not!). I think it will offer 24fps in HD video mode, with up to 14fps in HS stills mode, although if it doesn't also offer the video 25p & 50 options like the 7d for all of us in Pal world I'll not be happy).

I'm due to return to France to complete a filming project (that was cut short last month due to flooded cameras!) and would like to take a new hybrid stills camera along with my present camcorder & stills cameras equipment. I have been tempted to take a 5d Mk2 or 7d along as well, but would rather take a full-frame Nikon camera like the D3s or D700s instead of a D300s or 7d. The only problem is that the due-launch dates are tight to my trip dates - so I'm crossing fingers to get my hands on one before leaving.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD