I'm in love at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old October 8th, 2009, 07:15 PM   #1
Major Player

I'm in love

But I have too much work right now to go out and shoot. Aaargh!!!

It’s Heeerrree! Benjamin Eckstein
Benjamin Eckstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2009, 07:46 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi Benjamin

I enjoyed watching some of your videos. I have done a number of DVDs for various marathons. I could really appreciate your perspective. I will be shooting the NYC marathon Nov. 1st. I will be doing most of my travel along the route via subway. Trying to figure out if I will be throwing the 7D in with the EX1.

I am looking to get the Canon 50 mm 1.4 for one prime. Also planning to get something really wide. What are your thoughts on the 50mm compared to using the 30mm? I am so used to walking around with the EX1 zoom range at my finger tips that I am a little confused on lens choices.
Charles Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2009, 08:17 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Charles, for watching some of my vids.

I am guessing the 50 1.4 is a good buy cause it is not very expensive and probably is a good portrait lens. I have a 50 1.4 Nikon which I plan to use with the 7D once my Nikon/Canon adapter comes. The 30 (which is a 48mm equivalent) seems like the right lens for a single walk around prime. I ordered the 17-55 Canon too, and then plan to use my Nikons.

I love my EX-1 and the zoom range is phenomenal. Duplicating that range on the 7D would be expensive and cumbersome. Last weekend I shot a cyclocross race and hoped my 7D would be here in time. It wasn't, but in retrospect I probably was better off with my EX-1 since I spent a lot of the time at full telephoto. Don't get me wrong, I am pysched to start shooting and working with the 7D, but am very glad to have the EX-1 too. I say if you have the room, throw it in the bag too, cause you will probably get some interesting shots with it.
Benjamin Eckstein is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD