Neoscene? any other option? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old October 10th, 2009, 05:58 AM   #1
Trustee

Neoscene? any other option?

We edit in adode CS3 and have been using Cineform Aspect HD since we started editing hdv. We bought Neoscene yesterday from cineform, and when we tried to install it, we realized thar we woild have to de-install aspect HD ( later confirmed by tech ar Cineform). Tech support at Cineform told us we could retiurn Neoscene, and that we should consider upgrading to Prospect Hd. This upgrade is over $400, and after springing for the 7d and numerous accessories, I'm about tapped out. (Still need some kind of mattbox/ nd filter solution).

Isn't there any other transcoding solution? We like the workflow we have, but can't do anything with these clips until we find a solution.
Thanks
Bruce Yarock
Yarock Video and Photo
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2009, 06:02 AM   #2
Trustee

Right afret posting, i thought of a work around. What If we did the transcoding with neoscene on another pc (that doesn't have aspect HD) and then just put the avi' on a drive and move them to the editing rig?
Bruce yarock
Old October 10th, 2009, 07:51 AM   #3
Major Player

no reason that wont work..
Manus Sweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2009, 07:55 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Bruce, Are you sure Cineform Aspect won't work on the 7D files???

My impression is that it will...
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2009, 07:59 AM   #5
Trustee

Ray,
My girlfriend does the editing and I'm pretty sure she already tried, but I'll have her try again. I think it the prompt was to "conform" the file, and it wouldn't do anything.
Bruce Yarock
Old October 10th, 2009, 08:15 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Bruce, I had forgotten that Cineform dropped Aspect and no longer updates the product.
There are many differences between the Aspect and the Prospect products... you might think about using a trial to see if you would like it before the upgrade....
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2009, 02:32 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Hi there.

I use vegas 8. I simply bring in the Quicktime file from the 7D, then render it into a 1480x1080 MXF file (progressive 25pfs, exactly the same files I have shooting with my Sony XDCAM HD F350l.)

Seems to work so far without any issues! Is only week 2 though!

Best, Sparky
Mark McCarthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2009, 07:38 AM   #8
Trustee

ray,
Won't work with Aspect. I'm using teh inexpensive work around, and it's fine for now.
reabscode with neoscene on my internet pc, and then move the fikes to out editing rig...perfect.
Bruce Yarock
Yarock Video and Photo
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD