Here's the new 7D firmware.... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old November 4th, 2009, 10:09 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Here's the new 7D firmware....

Here's the site for the new firmware update for the 7D...

Canon EOS 7D Firmware Update

Corrects a phenomenon that in images captured by continuous shooting, and under certain conditions, barely noticeable traces of the immediately preceding frame may be visible.
This phenomenon is not noticeable in an image with optimal exposure. The phenomenon may become more noticeable if a retouching process such as level compensation is applied to emphasize the image.
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 10:20 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Thanks! :)
Alvin Ang Teng Cheong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 11:33 AM   #3
Major Player

Is anyone having problems with the 1.1.0 firmware update? Martin Beek is in the process of running tests, bust says on his blog that vertical banding has increased dramatically. I haven't upgraded yet and am still on 1.0.9. If anyone else wants to downgrade, here is a link to the previous.

http://www.yourvisualimage.com/downl...000109.FIR.zip
Old March 19th, 2010, 06:35 AM   #4
Major Player

FYI - Just purchased a new 7D and it came with 1.1.0 firmware installed from factory.

Any info on the issue noted with this latest firmware?
John Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2010, 07:56 AM   #5
Major Player

I just purchased a 7D yesterday. How to I tell which firmware is installed at the present time? Thanks.
Steve Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2010, 12:29 PM   #6
Obstreperous Rex

Menu > Setup 3 > Firmware Ver.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2010, 07:15 PM   #7
Major Player

Firmware's all good. Had the latest and greatest already. Not complaining but it suprised me that the 7D did NOT have 1/48th shutter speed to go with 24fps. Makes me wonder if another firmware update could add this someday. Not sure if it even matters that much. Footage I've seen so far looks great. Thanks for the help.
Steve Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2010, 12:24 AM   #8
Inner Circle

You'd never be able to tell the difference between 1/48 and 1/50. If the motion blur is roughly half the distance of the motion, you're good to go.

The bigger issue (if it's even an issue) with the electronic shutter is that the motion blur has a bit of an edge to it. For all I know, the edge is by design. Maybe it gives images a bit more sharpness while still retaining smoothness from blur. In any case, the blur isn't quite film-quality smooth. But I think I'm picking nits with a microscope when I look at that level of detail.

Anyway, 1/50 is just what it says on the dial. Until we measure it, we might find that it's actually 1/46. Either way, it's close enough.
Old March 29th, 2010, 04:56 AM   #9
Major Player

I was wondering if Canon might update the 7D firmware anytime soon to make the audio available with manual control like the 5D now does.

Anyone any thoughts/news/ideas?

Avey
Wayne Avanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2010, 04:49 AM   #10
Major Player

There is a new firmware update just out Version 1.2.1
Bob Thompson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD