77mm Fader ND Filter - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old December 25th, 2009, 02:57 PM   #31
Trustee

Keep in mind that using a variable ND filter at it's higher settings can introduce purple into the blacks, and a hot mirror may be required.

All the Best!
Old December 26th, 2009, 08:59 AM   #32
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
I bought the circular and linear polarizer slightly bigger than my biggest lens. I bought step up rings for all my lens sizes. No vignetting. Cheap. Work as well as the expensive variable NDs but a bit thicker. Saving $70 - 300 for a little thicker filter.
You got a Circular Polarizer, Linear Polarizer and setup up ring for $40? Really? Because you can get a Variable ND filter for $110.
Brett Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 11:03 AM   #33
Regular Crew

I'm a little confused about the possibility of vignetting. If I wanted a Fader ND for the 50/1.2L would I just get that thread size, i.e. 72mm, or do I need to go bigger (77?) with a step up ring?

thanks.
Gary Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2010, 11:16 AM   #34
Regular Crew

Best place to buy Fader ND?

This thread has convinced me I'd be better off just spendind a few extra bucks and getting a true Fader (albeit not the premium-priced Singh). Next question: Where to buy? Is it true you can get a serviceable Fader ND for ~$100? I'd love for people who've bought these online to post a current link. I'm looking for a 77mm for a Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS, and then I'll buy some step-up rings for my other lenses.

So, where'd you buy, how was the purchase experience, and how'd you like the fader?
David Lavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2010, 04:58 PM   #35
Major Player

Anyone using a fixed ND filter before the fader? I'm thinking of trying that with a four or six stop ND.
Don Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2010, 04:59 PM   #36
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lavender View Post
This thread has convinced me I'd be better off just spendind a few extra bucks and getting a true Fader (albeit not the premium-priced Singh). Next question: Where to buy? Is it true you can get a serviceable Fader ND for ~$100? I'd love for people who've bought these online to post a current link. I'm looking for a 77mm for a Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS, and then I'll buy some step-up rings for my other lenses.

So, where'd you buy, how was the purchase experience, and how'd you like the fader?
ebay........
Don Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2010, 06:36 PM   #37
Trustee

http://www.lightcraftworkshop-shop.com

Good experience. PayPal, cheap international shipping, etc. Probably the same seller as on eBay anyways. Nice product that comes with a spiffy little plastic case and fitted lens cap. Backordered for now though...
Old April 26th, 2010, 07:12 PM   #38
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Hunter View Post
Hi Lloyd. Yes you can adjust a CP filter. It is in 2 parts, one screwed to the lens and one on the front that is turned to change the filtering effect.

Richard
Well stap me! I never heard of that either .. I have enough trouble with one. With my earlier cams I used a Moose CP but no longer. With HDV I like to gather original colours and maybe screw around in post.
Cheers.
Old April 26th, 2010, 07:45 PM   #39
Regular Crew

I bought mine on eBay for $109. It just arrived after ordering it on 3/25/10.

No problem with the 24-105 since it is a full frame 35mm lens on the 7D.
Very tiny vignetting in the corners on the 10-22. @ 11mm gone.

http://www.lightcraftworkshop-shop.com

Good experience. PayPal, cheap international shipping, etc. from eBay seller. Nice product that comes with a spiffy little plastic case and fitted lens cap. Backordered for now though...
Alan Halfhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2010, 08:56 PM   #40
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Black View Post
Well stap me! I never heard of that either .. I have enough trouble with one. With my earlier cams I used a Moose CP but no longer. With HDV I like to gather original colours and maybe screw around in post.
Cheers.
Hi Allan. You can't really reproduce the effect of a CP filter in post. It is not just a colour or exposure change, it also reduces reflections from glass and water surfaces and lets you see "inside".

Richard
Richard Hunter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD