My Epic rig... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old November 6th, 2009, 09:07 AM   #1
Major Player

My Epic rig...

Hey guys,

here is my cinema rig so far. Still lacking an audio recorder and a Manhattan LCD, but they are in the mail.

Works great hand held or on tripod. The shouldermount clips to the counterweight for storage or tripod work, and then unclips and connects to the bottom for hand held in about 5 seconds. The plate on the bottom is already the plate for my Manfrotto 516, so switching shoulder to handheld is literally a snap.

I also have a redrock stud mounted on the Z-finder so I can pop it off and attach it to a rod clamp on the back of the camera when not in use... beats the lanyard...

*Note... man holding the camera aint me... co worker of mine.
Matthew Nayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2009, 10:09 AM   #2
Major Player

I think drool actually came from my mouth and landed on my desk.

What pieces do you have there? I see:
1. Cinema Bundle
2. Older RM shoulder mount? (no blue handles)
3. Counter balance
Old November 6th, 2009, 10:16 AM   #3
Wrangler

Cool looking rig! Looks serious! I think I'm going to go in the other direction. I've been building my "perfect" rig for quite a while now continually ordering more and more RedRock parts. Starting with the full Field Bundle, then the off-set kit, then the shoulder mount counter weight, then the DSLR mount, then the loupe mount, etc etc.

I finally go to use my "perfect" setup at a recent even and...well, I hated it. It certainly turns the 5D/7D into more of a shoulder-mount style cam. However that's possibly the sole problem. I've never been a shoulder-mount shooter. I started video production on smaller cams (GL-1, then the DVX, then the PD-170, then XH-A1).

I may indeed be selling quite a bit of mint RedRock gear in the near future if anyone's interested.

Btw, thanks again for sharing. Again- it certainly 'looks' the part.
Old November 6th, 2009, 11:46 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Chapman View Post
I think drool actually came from my mouth and landed on my desk.

What pieces do you have there? I see:
1. Cinema Bundle
2. Older RM shoulder mount? (no blue handles)
3. Counter balance

Okay, pieces are..

Cavision baseplate (very old style, doesn't exist anymore... with good cause ;) ), redrock follow focus, cavision matte box, cavision hand grips, redrock cage builder's kit, black accent handle (for top.. hate the blue), redrock start counterbalance kit... plus a few extra rods. owned two 18" and 24" already so used some in conjunction with the pieces that came with...

The best part is that the cam and Z-finder just slide right out in 3 seconds, so I can ditch the whole rig if the occasion calls for it...
Matthew Nayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2009, 05:52 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Wow! that certainly looks impressive!
Alvin Ang Teng Cheong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2009, 06:43 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Looks nice. How much $ do you have in that?
Shawn Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 03:59 AM   #7
Major Player

Well, I already owned a fair bit of the stuff, so I havent felt the pinch too bad right now...

but in all, probably $2300-$2500 of accessories, plus an upcoming $600 on an audio recorder and $2000 on monitor...
Matthew Nayman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD