7d video quality in full1080p at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old November 17th, 2009, 06:51 PM   #1
Regular Crew

7d video quality in full1080p

Hi,
i bought a 7d kit (18-135) because of the enthusiastic people who tried it and because of the wonderful vimeo videos, I think that this is an excellent photocamera but in video mode my 1080p is full of an effect that i think is a sort of "edge enchanement" so i don't have detail. Is that possible or is an effect that i can disable?

Thank you :-)
Marco Maiello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 02:45 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I'm talking about a noise reduction a strong noise reduction filter in video...
Anyone knows something?
Old November 18th, 2009, 08:03 AM   #3
Major Player

If you are saying that the video you shoot is noisy you should take a look at this Neat Video :: filtration examples Several people here on the board use it and say very good things about it.
Jerry Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 07:11 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Maiello View Post
in video mode my 1080p is full of an effect that i think is a sort of "edge enchanement" so i don't have detail. Is that possible or is an effect that i can disable?
Video from all the DSLRs have very poor detail combined with aliasing. If you don't mind the aliasing artifacts, you only get the equivalent of about 720p, even though it's contained in a 1080p file. If you need full 1080p resolution or a camera that doesn't have aliasing artifacts, the 7D will not be able to provide that. But most people fine that camera is sufficient for their needs despite the low resolution and artifacts.
Daniel Browning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 08:18 PM   #5
Regular Crew

You need to do some reading and come up with the settings to produce good video for your application.

Try this thread: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eo...ing-video.html
Kirk Candlish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2009, 06:15 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Ok thank you so much for the answers :-)
Old November 20th, 2009, 05:19 PM   #7
Major Player

Neat noise suppression is very effective on the 7D. It does slow the render down about 5x though.
Roger Shealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 06:06 PM   #8
Contributor

First thing I did was pick one of the settings (Natural), took the "sharpness," which is edge enhancement, way down and desaturated the color, and then it's pretty nice. As posted above there are tons of settings you can download to tweak it the way you want, and the 1080p is very, very nice. I've never seen a camera you could use effectively right out of the box.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD