How to Setup Your 7D at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old November 18th, 2009, 09:10 PM   #1
55th Combat Camera (USA)

How to Setup Your 7D

How to Setup Your 7D

This tutorial is broken up into the following six sections:

00:00 – Introduction
00:33 – Setup Custom Photo Preset
06:50 – Setup Custom 1080P 24FPS Preset
10:03 – Setup Custom 720P 60FPS Preset
12:00 – Edit, Fast Forward, and Rewind
13:28 – Conclusion

I’ve been receiving a lot of questions lately on how to setup the Canon 7D so I put together a quick tutorial on how to create custom photo and video presets.

A lot of thanks goes to Stu Maschwitz for the tips on how to flatten your picture profile in the camera. You can read about his settings in more detail here: ProLost - ProLost Blog - Flatten Your5D

In addition to the custom picture settings, I cover a few hidden tips on how to setup your multi-controller direct button to quickly achieve auto focus, how to reverse the direction of your shutter and aperture dials, and how to fast forward and rewind video footage in the 7D.

Moreover, I cover the basic fundamental camera settings in the 7D along with the proper way to setup your shutter speed in video mode to obey the 180 degree rule. I hope these tips help out your workflow!

As always, please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns!

-Tyler
“To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.” -Steve Prefontaine
Tyler Ginter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD