Again with the Epic Rig! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old November 22nd, 2009, 02:39 PM   #1
Major Player

Again with the Epic Rig!

Hey folks...

SO I updated with a bit more gear like a Marantz 661 audio recorder, and I have rid myself of the stupid blue Redrock thumb Screws. It's all Allen Key tightened now and only the parts which need to move constantly have thumb screws on them. They have been swapped for black though.

Any questions about set up are welcome. Footage coming soon.

Matthew Nayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2009, 03:02 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Blummin heck!!! All I've got is a (non) Canon sunshade for my 17-55 f2.8 USM IS EF-S. I'm starting to feel a bit inadequate...;-)
Old November 22nd, 2009, 03:06 PM   #3
Major Player

Well don't forget... none of this stuff improves image quality, and certainly none of it makes me a good DOP... it just helps use the camera to it's full potential. I feel lucky that I am able to gather all this gear together to use it... but the camera works great by itself.

Not everyone has a need for such a large rig. My line of work demands it though.
Matthew Nayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2009, 04:49 PM   #4
Regular Crew

and I thought mine looked like an antitank or handheld stinger missile.

handheld-stinger-missile.jpg (image)
Christopher Lovenguth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2009, 09:47 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Nayman View Post
Well don't forget... none of this stuff improves image quality, and certainly none of it makes me a good DOP... it just helps use the camera to it's full potential. I feel lucky that I am able to gather all this gear together to use it... but the camera works great by itself.

Not everyone has a need for such a large rig. My line of work demands it though.
What do you do?
Old November 22nd, 2009, 09:57 PM   #6
Major Player

Mostly shooting shorts, commercials and music videos, but I find that my style of shooting typically requires A LOT of solo hand held stuff and I find myself being much more comfortable shooting with an ENG style body.

I also wind up doing a traditional 'sticks and dolly' style quite often, so the big camera is not such an ordeal. I rarely find myself doing anything where a big camera is not advantageous, though on a recent shoot, we did a lot of car mounting and having a tiny camera would have been very nice!

I'm still starting out as a DOP, but I like the idea that you should always start with too much, then scale back.

It's better to have a rig like this on set and not need it, then to find yourself unable to get the shot you want the way you want.
Matthew Nayman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD