Nikon to Canon EOS Adapter - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old December 6th, 2009, 03:17 PM   #16
Major Player

Yes, that will do the trick:)
Old December 6th, 2009, 10:25 PM   #17
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Pryor View Post
Adorama has one for about $40 (USD), free shipping; Cinevate has one for $30 (but shipping makes it more than Adodrama). There are lots of eBay really cheap but I'm wary of those. I'm going to order the one from Adorama and try out some of my old pre-AI Nikkors. If things work out, I'll probably get an adapter for each lens so I don't have to take one on and off all the time.
Be sure to post back about that! I've heard that older glass requires an additional adapter to use even on the newer Nikon dSLR's (any) and haven't tried it yet. Haven't found too much info to go on, so I think I'll give a cheap eBay adapter a try just to see...
David Twelves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2009, 06:24 PM   #18
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam Hall View Post
Yes, that will do the trick:)
Thanks Liam! Just bought two.
Wing Poon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2009, 08:16 PM   #19
Contributor

David, I just ordered a couple last night, should have them by Friday. You mentioned using the old pre-AI Nikkors on new Nikons. That's trickier than using them on a Canon. There are, however, a few people who will modify the lenses for a reasonable price. Fortunately to use them on a Canon all you have to do is buy an adapter.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 03:55 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Nikon Lens to Canon EOS Adapter 300D 350D 400D 20D 30D - eBay (item 380208604991 end time Mar-22-10 02:04:17 PDT)

Is this the Kawa adapter that you guys are talking about?
Rob deJong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 06:59 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Yes Rob I use the Kawa adapter for my Nikkor AI lenses. A quick tip if you get this adapter, the tiny screws on the Kawa adapter were loose, I didn't realize this until one fell out, luckily I saw it. All the screws were loose, so just make sure when you get one that you check the screws are tight.
Old March 12th, 2010, 07:07 AM   #22
Regular Crew

OK, thanks a lot.
Rob deJong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 01:46 PM   #23
New Boot

I use the KAWA brand from eBay as well. I've been able to successfully mount a Nikkor 80-200mm f2.8 ED with it. The only issue is a very slight amount of torque play, which is less than 1mm or so. Even so, the mount is tight and flush against the EOS body. I'm sure there are better adapters for telephoto lenses such as this, but I would certainly recommend it for smaller primes.
Nathan Wilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 09:06 AM   #24
Trustee

Here's a silly question...got the adapter, put the lens on, what setting do I need to use on the T2i to access the basic controls (iris/aperture) I know the lens info and auto stuff isn't going to be there but the camera defaulted to a very extreme setting that I can't seem to change. I have the Cinevate adapter.
Old March 18th, 2010, 06:46 PM   #25
New Boot

I set it to Manual. Adjust the iris using the ring on the lens, Set the shutter to 1/50 or so, then adjust the ISO until you get a proper exposure.

Some like using Av mode which automatically changes the shutter to compensate for exposures. This is fine for video "snapshots", but you'll find that a changing shutter speed will be very noticeable from shot to shot.
Old March 19th, 2010, 06:38 AM   #26
Regular Crew

These adapters for serious video work need lenses with aperture rings, the body won't speak to your lens through these cheaper adapters. So it's full manual control, aperture, focusing, shutter speeds and iso.
Old March 19th, 2010, 08:57 AM   #27
Trustee

I know that but how do you set the camera up to deal with a full manual lens?
Old March 19th, 2010, 05:45 PM   #28
Major Player

Does anyone know the difference between these lens mounts?

Mount adapter for Nikon F AIS Ai Canon EF EOS New USA - eBay (item 290411915579 end time Apr-09-10 01:58:29 PDT)

and this one:

Nikon Lens to Canon EOS Adapter 300D 350D 400D 20D 30D - eBay (item 380208604991 end time Mar-22-10 02:04:17 PDT)

There's a 2 dollar price difference, but I don't really get the difference between the two.
Steven Fokkinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2010, 07:17 AM   #29
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Turchick View Post
I know that but how do you set the camera up to deal with a full manual lens?
You put the adapter on the lens first, attach to the camera and the only odd thing is you get a message on the lcd telling you to attach a lens to the camera and press the video start button. Go ahead and press the button, the mirror flips up and the lcd then shows the image. Nothing else to set up, just select the shutter speed focus and adjust the aperture until the indicator shows the exposure where you want it for the scene.

Try and focus at full aperture, if you don't you are focusing with a stopped down lens, so the depth of field that the aperture is creating can be inaccurate for true focus, also the lcd becomes darker as you stop down.

When I started photography way back all my slr and lenses were not automatic aperture, so you had to focus at full aperture and then manually stop down the lens. Were just going back in time with this technique for HD-DSLR and manual lenses.
Old March 20th, 2010, 08:46 AM   #30
Trustee

Thanks! I will give that a shot!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD