My final impressions on canon 7d at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old December 7th, 2009, 06:09 PM   #1
Regular Crew

My final impressions on canon 7d

I began with a little video8 when i was just a child, after that a canon xm2 and after a couple of year I bought a JVC HD200 and now the canon 7d. After tons of works for television, web and DVDs I can say that the 7d is amazing. Theory and practice had never been so distant:
In theory the 7d is a photo camera but the controls for me are great even better than the jvc200. The codec is not good? think about the horrible hdv :-) The camera has aliasing problems? Maybe but please think on jvc or hvx image quality and the money that we had wasted on 35mm adapters and the illusion of a cinematic look :-D
Focus problems? who said that take the right focus is a simple thing!
I'm sure that we will see a fast evolution of the market and the scarlet for example will be a great camera but for now it doesn't exist so we can't compare a future technology with an actual model that everyone can buy.
Marco Maiello is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD