Upgrading from 5Dmk1 will batterys still work? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old December 10th, 2009, 10:38 AM   #1
New Boot

Upgrading from 5Dmk1 will batterys still work?

So I'm upgrading to the 7D from the original 5D, and I was wondering if anyone knows if the 5D battery grip and batterys I own for it will work on the 7D? It would be nice to just have to upgrade the camera body and not all the accessories.
Wm. Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2009, 10:46 AM   #2
Major Player

UPDATED - What I wrote below is wrong, after posting I realized you have the Mark I, not the Mark II. The Mark I uses the BP-511A battery, and the battery grip is the BG-E4. Netiher will work with the 7D.

Both use LP-E6 batteries. But the 5DII uses the BG-E6 battery grip, while the 7D has the BG-E7. I have no idea if they are interchangeable, but I'm guessing they aren't.....

Last edited by Michael Murie; December 10th, 2009 at 10:50 AM. Reason: incorrect answer!
Michael Murie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2009, 01:57 PM   #3
New Boot

I have the 5D Mark I and the 7D. They DO NOT use the same battery or grip.
Richard Van Le is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD