Preview Browser for .MOV files at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old December 21st, 2009, 06:57 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Preview Browser for .MOV files

I recently purchased a 7D and thinks its a great camera. I also have an AVCHD camera. I use the Sony PMB Picture Motion Browser to preview the AVCHD files. What I really like about the Sony Browser (PMB) is the ability to open a folder with all my AVCHD files/clips and see a preview of each clip at 5 or 10 second intervals. Unfortunately, the PMB does not seem to recognize .MOV files.

If you take a look at the clips in the attachment, I can click anywhere in the timeline and immediately preview the video from that spot forward. For instance, the third clip from the bottom is a 55 second clip. As you can see it begins with people standing on the beach and the second part is the girl snorkeling towards me. I can click on the timeline at the 40 second mark and see the shot of her coming out of the water. No need to mull through the previous 40 seconds. And if you are looking for a specific few seconds of a clip, this is so much more efficient than viewing clips in their entirety to find that shot.
This really makes searching video clips easy and efficient.

My question- Do you know of a similar browser for .MOV files?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Doug

I have attached a screen shot of the PMB browser for clarification
Attached Thumbnails
Preview Browser for .MOV files-vid-browser-preview.jpg  
Doug Marcum is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD