Curious Question for 7D Owners - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old February 3rd, 2010, 04:15 AM   #31
Major Player

theres some great answers to some of those questions from Chris here:

Canon Reveals Their Next Pro Video Cam at DVInfo.net
Manus Sweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 09:40 PM   #32
Major Player

Manuel,

IMO the 7D looks significanly better if you can avoid the aliasing and if you nail the focus. With a lot of light, the A1 is still quite impressive if you don't require shallow DOF. I'm shooting a stage performance the next two nights without having seen the rehearsals and I'll be using 3 A1's. Can't risk the 7D on live content and don't want to mix the footage since it will be low light and the A1 and 7D will look very different in this environment. With a little noise reduction the A1's will do fine.

I look forward to the Aqueduct footage.
Roger Shealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2010, 10:32 PM   #33
Major Player

550d

Now that this is kinda topical... I bought a 7d because of the framerates and because i dont need tighter than super35 for DOF.

Now that the 550d is announced? I'll be selling the 7d and buying two of those.

heh. For the price of a 5d you could have what, 4 550d? Just give one to everybody on set and have total coverage.

heh.
Andrew Dean is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD