Canon EOS E1 Video Plug-In for Final Cut Pro - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old March 16th, 2010, 09:45 AM   #46
Major Player

Now that I'm looking around, all of the ads on Canon's site still talk about the 5DM2 firmware as "coming soon" just as the EOS plugin is "coming soon." I wonder if there is another area on the site we should be looking at for this? That's just hoping, though.
Old March 16th, 2010, 01:56 PM   #47
Inner Circle

It makes sense to release the firmware and features on different dates. That provides two days of positive news cycles rather than one.
Old March 16th, 2010, 02:18 PM   #48
Regular Crew

I don't think they're that cunning in their marketing. 'Positive news cycles' is a very American thing.

The concern is to get the update/plugin tested before it's released. Several people had the 5DII update for a couple of weeks before the release. When it tested successfully they released it.

The plugin is under development and will be available when it's ready.
Kirk Candlish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 05:38 PM   #49
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Candlish View Post
The plugin is under development and will be available when it's ready.
Which is a little different than what their press release said about being available in early March. ;)
Bryan McCullough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 09:53 PM   #50
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Candlish View Post
I don't think they're that cunning in their marketing...
I'm not so sure. The posters for both 5D Mark II 24p firmware date announcements included the word "EPIC". And it was in a "RED" font.

Well, maybe that was a bit more cheeky than cunning. ;)
Old March 16th, 2010, 11:28 PM   #51
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan McCullough View Post
Which is a little different than what their press release said about being available in early March. ;)
Yes, very true.

It seems the 2.0.3 firmware update has a minor audio glitch in it. Let's hope they haven't released the plugin because they're being thorough this time.
Old March 16th, 2010, 11:31 PM   #52
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Fairhurst View Post
I'm not so sure. The posters for both 5D Mark II 24p firmware date announcements included the word "EPIC". And it was in a "RED" font.

Well, maybe that was a bit more cheeky than cunning. ;)
Well there is an ad agency involved and they have changed the game for RED and the entire industry. I'd play that up, wouldn't you ?
Old March 22nd, 2010, 08:34 AM   #53
Tourist

here is the new plugin

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Digital SLR Camera

choose ur OS and go!
Mark Adin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 05:37 PM   #54
Major Player

Has anyone been able to download the plugin...looks like its not on the site right now.
Eric Stemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 10:00 PM   #55
Trustee

I think it moved after the Canon redesign of their site. Here's a link to the FCP plugin. Just went to the camera, selected the operating system, and downloaded.

Canon U.S.A. : Professional Imaging Products : EOS 7D
Old August 22nd, 2010, 11:03 AM   #56
New Boot

I tried to import a 9 minute clip and it went successfully, but when I opened it in the viewer only 4 seconds was imported. Thankfully I didn't format my media card before discovering this.

I tried on a different batch of files from another card and some clips imported completely, but most didn't, and some just errored out. Right-clicking Retry on the error clips worked. The files that didn't import completely didn't give any indication anything was wrong.

This plugin is extremely unreliable and buggy. I hope Canon updates it soon.
Darryl Yee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2010, 03:09 AM   #57
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Yee View Post
This plugin is extremely unreliable and buggy. I hope Canon updates it soon.
Well, been using this plug-in for the last 5 months without any trouble!

How is your workflow Darryl? I always make a image copy of the card to disk before doing any log and transfer (L&D). Then you distribute this image to other disks for long time back-up.

Doing L&D from the card could have other issues than the software, bad connections, faulty cable etc.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 05:41 PM   #58
Major Player

I've had the same problem with the plugin truncating clips since it was released. I made a quick screencast about this problem today, and also the strange way that the EOS plugin renames re-imported clips.

Canon EOS Movie Plugin-E1 errors
Old August 24th, 2010, 01:17 AM   #59
Trustee

Paul thanks for the screencast, that's a bit scary.

When this problem occurs are you doing the log and transfer directly from the card or are you backing it up first and creating a custom path?

I have not noticed that any of my clips are incomplete, but I have noticed the odd way it names the clip if you try to re-encode it. I guess they used this naming convention so that you don't overwrite clips with the same name and I have to admit this has probably helped me more the hurt me.

I think I might start using MPEG Streamclip again until this issue gets sorted out. I'm shooting so much that I can't afford the extra time it takes to check every clip as their transfered. I need to be able to trust that it works correctly 100% of the time.

Thanks again for the heads up.
Chuck Spaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2010, 03:47 AM   #60
Trustee

Paul, very interesting findings you got there. I´m not aware that this has happened to me ever!
My workflow is to do the L&T after I have copied the card image to the hdd.

I will investigate and study this in future loggings, just to make sure that this is not of any issues at my place.

Just a note: has there been any update to the plug-in? In case I have a newer version than you got. I downloaded the plug-in in May some time this year.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD