DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/)
-   -   Canon EOS E1 Video Plug-In for Final Cut Pro (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/472303-canon-eos-e1-video-plug-final-cut-pro.html)

Liam Hall August 24th, 2010 07:44 AM

Yep, the plug-in is a piece of crap.

Per Johan Naesje August 24th, 2010 12:19 PM

That was a very informative and uplighting thread Liam :)

Darryl Yee August 25th, 2010 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Joy (Post 1561908)
I've had the same problem with the plugin truncating clips since it was released. I made a quick screencast about this problem today, and also the strange way that the EOS plugin renames re-imported clips.

Canon EOS Movie Plugin-E1 errors

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I really think this is a widespread problem and many people are not aware that it is happening because the plugin gives no error indication.

After quite a bit of troubleshooting I think I discovered a workaround:
-In the Log & Transfer window, click the gear icon and select Preferences
-Click the 'Clear Logging Autofill Cache' and the 'OK'
(you should also uncheck Remove Advanced Pulldown and Duplicate Frames if you're not working with 24p).

That seems to have fixed the problem for me whenever there is a troublesome batch. I'm not sure how often you need to clear the cache.

Paul Joy August 25th, 2010 07:59 AM

I always ingest from hard drives. The files from the CF cards are copied on to my NVS2500 either on location or when I get home from a shoot and then copied from the NVS to my drobo's as soon as I get back to the mac.

Regarding the naming convention issue, it would make much more sense if the plugin renamed the clips by appending numbers to the end of the filename rather than totally changing the name. So, MVI_6380 would become MVI_6380_1.

Darryl Yee August 25th, 2010 10:40 PM

updated plugin now available!

Canon just released an updated version of the plugin (their ears must have been burning):

Canon updates EOS E1 video plug-in: Digital Photography Review

downloading it now. not sure if it addresses the problem we've been having. hopefully it's faster!

Nigel Barker August 26th, 2010 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Yee (Post 1562917)
Canon just released an updated version of the plugin (their ears must have been burning):

Canon updates EOS E1 video plug-in: Digital Photography Review

downloading it now. not sure if it addresses the problem we've been having. hopefully it's faster!

As it's
Quote:

The update will be available to download for free from mid-September.
then I think you are downloading the old original version. There is no reference to bug fixes but only support for the newly announced 60D.

Darryl Yee September 24th, 2010 11:12 AM

updated plugin now available:
EOS MOVIE Plugin-E1 for Final Cut Pro

Chuck Spaulding September 24th, 2010 11:45 AM

There is no acknowledgement or mention of bug fixes to problems we have discussed on this thread.

I'm not even sure how to come up with a definitive test to determine if this upgrade works as it should. If anyone tries this upgrade please let us know how it works.

I hope they did more than add the 60D to the list.

Richard D. George September 24th, 2010 01:11 PM

What about the 550 / T2i?

Luc De Wandel April 13th, 2011 12:47 AM

Re: Canon EOS E1 Video Plug-In for Final Cut Pro

I've downloaded and used the last version of this plug-in (by the way, there's a new update now announced for april 24th), but it doesn't perform as promised. The description lists as one of the benefits: "create a disk image (DMG file) of the memory card that may be mounted and used for log and transfer operations in place of the physical card..."

But when I right-click over the mounted CF-card (as instructed), I do not get "Archive to disk image" among the choices in the pop-up menu. I use FCP 6.0.6 which should work perfectly with this plug-in. Any ideas what might go wrong here?

Nigel Barker April 13th, 2011 01:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luc De Wandel (Post 1638318)
But when I right-click over the mounted CF-card (as instructed), I do not get "Archive to disk image" among the choices in the pop-up menu. I use FCP 6.0.6 which should work perfectly with this plug-in. Any ideas what might go wrong here?

I think that you must be right clicking on the wrong icon. You need to select hierarchical list view so that you can see the card name (NO NAME in my attached screenshot) then right click on that.

Luc De Wandel April 13th, 2011 01:54 AM

Found how to get the 'hierarchic list view'. Now it works. Thanks a lot, Nigel.