Handheld support, follow focus, and matte box... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old February 11th, 2010, 09:45 PM   #16
Major Player

T2i

If you are impatient, that could be a problem. Remember, the camera will be out in March, which means that to get a good idea of the difference between the T2i and 7D it may take another good month of research... It could also comes down to your working schedule too. In my opinion, and this is just my opinion, the 7D does give you more in professional features, magnesium body, and wheather sealed. In "harsh" work environment, I think those can be very important factors. It's also true that with such a difference in price, assuming video quality is identical, you will have a lot of spare change left for good additional glass.

As far a storage, I wouldn't worry about SD versus CF...Even if the capacity of the new ones was 2 TB, I would NEVER use a large capacity card. Unless you are planning to use a dual recording format, I would rather lose 8G of video versus 2 TB!!... (just in case things go wrong with the card, which it could happen).

I traveled thru Provo, comimgn from Wolk Creek Ranch, Kamas (near Park City), nice town and great mountains all around!

If you want to see a video sample and a picture of my 7D setup (with Indislider), make sure you check out my post below (or above).

Carlo Zanella
The Santa Fe TV Show
Carlo Zanella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2010, 05:41 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Carlo -- Provo is a beautiful place. Not as green as my home in Hawaii, but beautiful all the same.

Yeah, I'm impatient, but it's a controlled disorder. :)
Michael Winget is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD