DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/)
-   -   Must-have accessories for the T2i? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/473658-must-have-accessories-t2i.html)

Bryan McCullough March 29th, 2010 11:09 AM

On the subject of accessories, my indieFOCUSmini and my indieSLIDERmini Deluxe are out for delivery. Can't wait to try them out!!

Peter Slabysz June 28th, 2010 01:21 PM

files

When the files get to 4gb, how long until you can start recording video again, given there's still space on the card? Would there be problem recording for 8hrs?

Michael Ojjeh June 28th, 2010 03:03 PM

Peter, you can start recording right away after the first 12 minutes, and you can record as long as you want, 8-10 hours as long as the camera doesn't overheat and you have plenty of batteries and you stop recording every 12 minutes.

Welcome to DV-info :)

Nino Leitner June 29th, 2010 02:00 AM

T2i/550D battery grip

Hi guys,

I've posted a new blog post reviewing my new knock-off T2i/550D battery grip. I'm very happy with it, check it out:

T2i / 550D knock-off battery grip review | Nino Film - Blog - Nino Leitner

Your comments are always greatly appreciated!

Nino

Nino Leitner July 1st, 2010 03:18 PM

DSLR viewfinder review & comparison

It's me again, this time I did a very extensive blog post on DSLR viewfinders, comparing Zacuto Z-Finder Jr, Z-Finder Pro 2.5x, LCDVF, Cavision, Hoodman HoodLoupe and an accessory by Redrock Micro.

Epic DSLR Viewfinder Review Part 5: Essential DSLR accessories | Nino Film - Blog - Nino Leitner

Tom Dickerson July 1st, 2010 03:38 PM

Perhaps you should have reviewed the Hoodman Cinema Kit Pro. It would certainly have been more comparable to the others you reviewed. It attaches the hood to your camera and swivels away to take pictures. I just used mine on a T2i at Seaworld in San Diego and it worked great.

Jon Fairhurst July 1st, 2010 05:12 PM

Not to mention that the HoodMag improves the HoodLoupe greatly. With the HoodLoupe, you need to center your eye precisely or the image gets soft. Add the HoodMag and it's completely forgiving.

Nino Leitner July 2nd, 2010 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Dickerson (Post 1544351)
Perhaps you should have reviewed the Hoodman Cinema Kit Pro. It would certainly have been more comparable to the others you reviewed. It attaches the hood to your camera and swivels away to take pictures. I just used mine on a T2i at Seaworld in San Diego and it worked great.

Sorry, would have liked to review that, but I had to work with what B&H could supply me with!

I will review the new Letus Hawk VF and LCDVF3/2 though, both manufacturers contacted me.

Dennis Stevens July 2nd, 2010 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan McCullough (Post 1507094)
On the subject of accessories, my indieFOCUSmini and my indieSLIDERmini Deluxe are out for delivery. Can't wait to try them out!!

Bryan, have you been using them? What do you think of them?

Bryan McCullough July 2nd, 2010 12:24 PM

I like them very much. I've not had other versions of either so I can't really speak to how they compare to the likes of RedRock or Zacuto, but I've been more than pleased.

The FollowFocus seems to be just fine and I love the snap gears.

I've gotten some cool shots with the slider. I can easily seeing spending more money to get a motorized slider or one with a crank, that would really be nice. But for the money it's great, I take it on all my shoots.

Now I'm waiting for them to make a crane. :D

K. A. LaBarre July 9th, 2010 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nino Leitner (Post 1543384)
Hi guys,

I've posted a new blog post reviewing my new knock-off T2i/550D battery grip. I'm very happy with it, check it out:

T2i / 550D knock-off battery grip review | Nino Film - Blog - Nino Leitner

Your comments are always greatly appreciated!

Nino

Hey Nino, I noticed that a week after you posted your review the grips on Amazon you linked to went from
79.99 to 116.99. I had one on my Wish List and when I switched it to my basket it updated the prices.
My guess is that someone is paying attention to your blog if they are changing the price by that much.
;)

BTW - I was looking at buying the GGS LCD shield for my T2i. Two weeks ago the price on Amazon was 16.99, now it's $10 more!
Obviously T2i accessories are hot right now and sellers are trying to get the most for them.

James Donnelly July 9th, 2010 08:26 AM

Prices still stable in the UK Meike grip has been £45 for a while now. Just checked..

Aaron Dunlap July 9th, 2010 09:22 AM

There are similar grips on ebay for $50 or less. I'm holding out for the LCD grip for the T2i with the intervalometer built in.

Terry Lee August 30th, 2010 12:19 PM

Hey everyone, I've been looking into getting a matte box, follow focus and rails for my T2i. I'm looking for the cheapest and best solution :)

Any experience please post!

Robert Turchick August 30th, 2010 02:31 PM

DSLR Products | Jag35.com

wish these guys were around when I got all my stuff!
A friend bought a complete rig and is very happy with it. Looks very well made and a LOT less money than the other manufacturers.