HD-Out over HDMI while recording - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old February 27th, 2010, 07:47 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaku Ito
I connected the TVLogic XVM-245W via HIDMI and it did output video while recording.
That's a relief!
Fei Meng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2010, 11:08 PM   #17
Trustee

woooooohooooooooooo! Now I am regretting my choice to not have the camera shipped overnight! ARRRRRRRRRGH! At least it'll be here Monday!
Old February 27th, 2010, 11:13 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Robert Turchick, let me know how it looks on your DP1 monitor , if you would, you get your T2i a day before me! Drats.............
Old February 27th, 2010, 11:52 PM   #19
Trustee

will do! now I just have to save up some money for a follow focus!
Old February 28th, 2010, 04:42 AM   #20
Trustee

Today, I bought a hoodman magnifier and worked our pretty nice. I have to think of better way to mount it though.
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2010, 11:02 AM   #21
Inner Circle

Tomorrow Hoodman is said to be releasing a new eyecup and magnifier for the HoodLoupe. I plan to buy it immediately. The stock HoodLoupe lets in stray light. Also, the view gets soft if your eye gets off center. The new eyecup and magnifier should make the Hoodloupe more competitive with the Z-Finder.

For mounting, RedRock Micro sells a holder for $55 that is solid:
microFinder loupe accessory kit

The only downside is that it's not quick and easy to remove it. This isn't a problem if you use a field monitor, but is a problem if you want to go from a shoulder configuration to using the LCD on some other setup. Or if you want to use the optical viewfinder like a normal camera. But if you own a field monitor, this mount is the way to go.

I purchased an LCD screen/shade from Hong Kong. (I'm not sure if this was the seller.)
LCD Pop-Up Screen Hood Shade Cover for CANON 5D Mark II - eBay (item 280461556924 end time Mar-07-10 22:59:52 PST)

I applied velcro to mount it, but it's not very rugged. The velcro adhesive has started to come loose.
Old February 28th, 2010, 11:38 AM   #22
Regular Crew

Jon, where did you hear about the new eyecup? I have the Hoodman with the HoodEye 3.0 and it works pretty well. For magnification I use a pair of +3.00 reading glasses.

I tried the velcro approach to attach the loupe to the LCD frame like you did but found that Loctite UltraGel super glue works much more securely.

It appears that the T2i uses the same viewfinder as the T1i, so I'm hoping I can just clip-on the Hoodman/LCD frame to my T2i when it arrives tomorrow.
Stan Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2010, 12:27 PM   #23
Inner Circle

Here's the info...

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eo...y-400-a-2.html
Old February 28th, 2010, 07:02 PM   #24
Trustee

Jon, thanks for the information!
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2010, 11:05 PM   #25
Major Player

Getting back to the HDMI output, is this usable 1080 footage? I'm gathering that it is 1080-i and not 1080-p? Is there some sort of cropping going on? This camera is tempting, especially given the price point, but I shoot a lot of theater currently and the shooting time limits make it a bit iffy for me. Capturing to an external drive would be nice, though from what I understand the camera can/will overheat after a time anyway, true?
Eric Lagerlof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 09:18 AM   #26
Regular Crew

I found a 23" Philips monitor, 1920x1080p, hdmi, the whole nine, for around $230 new. Wouldn't this make a good accessory for your dSLR since those small LCDs are almost 5 times more expensive?

Surely they wouldn't be as practical as those small ones so they're not for all situations, but if you film something indoors, wouldn't this be a much better solution?
Alex Sava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 09:37 AM   #27
Regular Crew

I think this or another cheap Full HD computer monitor for indoor and narrative film works great (for focus and framing) and can used as second monitor for postpro.

Have think in the same direction but for me a dp1 will be a must. ;)

Daniel
Daniel von Euw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 09:43 AM   #28
Regular Crew

According the latest update in the text from DSLRinformer the T2i will output 480p during recording.

Go to vimeo to read that - the info is not in the clip.

Hope that is not true.

Daniel
Daniel von Euw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 05:55 PM   #29
Trustee

I can confirm that. Just hooked up my SmallHD which tells you what you're viewing. in LiveView mode, it's 1080i and once record is hit, the monitor says 480p. I still found it easier to focus on the SmallHD than the LCD on camera. bit of a disappointment but still very useable.
Old March 1st, 2010, 06:32 PM   #30
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Sava View Post
I found a 23" Philips monitor, 1920x1080p, hdmi, the whole nine, for around $230 new. Wouldn't this make a good accessory for your dSLR since those small LCDs are almost 5 times more expensive?
You can get a brand new Acer 23" 1080p monitor for $180 shipped from SuperBiiz.com. There's a 21.5" version (also 1080p) that's just $170 shipped. Both have HDMI inputs.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD