Magic Lantern - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old March 9th, 2010, 03:11 PM   #16
Regular Crew

zebra stripes...
Attached Images

Ed Kishel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2010, 03:15 PM   #17
Regular Crew

I watched the firmware movie from the ML wiki, amazing. I will donate to a chipin if it is setup.
Old March 16th, 2010, 04:32 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Willing to donate!

The 550d is the greatest lowbudget cam of this moment and a serious filmtool when ML will be able to run on the 550d!
Julian Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 05:34 AM   #19
New Boot

As someone mentioned earlier -

The moment a firmware for the 550d is available (and work on porting Magic Lantern can start) - We'll set up a ChipIn and get things going
Ala Shiban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 08:39 AM   #20
Tourist

subscribing

This is my biggest need right now. I shot on the T2i yesterday and the images are incredible. Audio a mess. I recorded to a Zoom H4n and even had problems syncing in post. I shot 24p on camera.
Paul Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 09:45 AM   #21
Regular Crew

I hear ya Paul, it makes the audio input completely useless... I also shot while recording on the H4 the other day, and indeed the audio is out, but this supposed 99.9% fix seemed to be more like 99.9346 for me, and even that wasn't bang on...

I would gladly chip in $100 if I could record from the zoom straight to the H4!
Jef Gibbons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 09:50 AM   #22
Regular Crew

i'll chip.
David Ells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 01:04 PM   #23
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jef Gibbons View Post
I would gladly chip in $100 if I could record from the zoom straight to the H4!
Hey Jef...just to make sure...you meant "from the zoom straight to the T2i" right?

I'd like to pitch in, though I can't do a lot. This is actually my FIRST DSLR so I am buying everything from scratch. But I could pitch in $20. I'd donate my camera for a little bit, but I leave the country soon and need to learn how to use it!
Paul Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 01:39 PM   #24
Regular Crew

Hi Paul, YUP! "Zoom to the H4"... doesn't make much sense does it!

Yeah, if we could take the output of the zoom straight to the T2i with no AGC that would be amazing, but being a mic input on the T2i, I'm guessing the line signal from the H4 might be too loud anyhow.

I'm actually a sound guy pretending to be a video guy, so syncing up in my DAW is no problem, but I can imagine it being tough for non-audio folks.
Jef Gibbons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 05:50 PM   #25
Major Player

Try PluralEyes, no sync problems at all (only works in Vegas Pro and FCP)
Old April 1st, 2010, 02:14 PM   #26
Regular Crew

is the reason that canon seems so hesitant to add firware features like AGC kill, zebra stripes, audio levels, etc is because they fear that a HDSLR full featured will take sales away from thier pro level video products? Like the H1 series?
Old April 2nd, 2010, 04:17 PM   #27
Trustee

Perhaps. Of course, this camera already offers an amazing value. To be frank, I've always thought zebra stripes were over-rated (of course, most of what I shoot is at night) - if you need 'em that bad, get a light meter.

MUCH more anoying is how the camera white balances - a dedicated button would make a lot more sense - even just for stills - then about any other upgrade.

Second would be manual audio control, although for cameras this size I'm not sure how good the sound can possibly be (no xlrs). Remember that every pro film set uses a secondary sound recording source - and even then, as much as 80% of the dialouge will be looped anyway.

For news gathering, I'd agree, but I think this cam is ill suited for that purpose.

In the end, I don't think Canon would be too worried about their video camera sales - mainly because so few people will actually end up making features with the T2 (or even the Mark II).

jdv
John Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2010, 06:34 PM   #28
Regular Crew

Having been a t2i owner for a week, here's my magic lantern wish list. I have no idea if these are possible via firmware hacking or not, but-

1) enabling that "focus assist / magnification" button so that it works during video recording- wow, what a focusing lifesaver! would totally revolutionize the camera!

2) if there was some way to create an HD movie crop mode... that movie crop mode is awesome and brilliant- there's no reason why you couldn't do the same thing but with an HD frame size- obviously it's not going to magnify as much, but who cares- having a built-in telefoto like that is great. Shooting HD all the time, the SD movie crop is kinda limited, so why not tweak it a little?

3) all the usual obvious suspects- manual audio, etc.

thanks! let me know when i can chip in...
David St. Juskow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2010, 10:56 AM   #29
Regular Crew

I would definitely be in for this. The features of ML look amazing.

One question though (speaking from complete ignorance on the subject), what is the big deal with syncing from something like H4N in post? Aren't the waveforms similar enough to line up the H4N/etc audio with whatever is recorded by the camera itself?

Is it terribly noticeable if the audio is a few pixels of alignment off?
Aaron Dunlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2010, 08:59 PM   #30
Regular Crew

There is nothing wrong with lining it up yourself. I do it that way all the time. You just have to make sure your NLE lets you move the audio in sub-frame increments. PP works fine.
John Mastrogiacomo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD