slo mo at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old March 4th, 2010, 10:35 AM   #1
Regular Crew

slo mo

does the t2i record 60fps slo mo shots like the ex3 and others.because i really do shoot a lot of slo mo shots.
Olabode Lawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2010, 12:30 PM   #2
Regular Crew

If you're referring to overcranking then that is not what it does but what you can do is shoot at 60fps and then conform it to 24p using Cinema tools and you would get a very nice slo-mo shot.

I have shot a slo-mo scene at the end of this clip using the above method:
Old March 4th, 2010, 04:29 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Lens ...

i know this is a bit unrelated, but I saw you shot the piece w/ a 1.4 and a 2.8 zoom. I have the 2.8 17-55 EF-S, but do shooting indoors often. How much of an improvement in light capture do you find with the 1.4?
Old March 4th, 2010, 06:41 PM   #4
Inner Circle

In theory, an f/1.4 captures four times the light. It's significant under natural, indoor lighting. It can also be a bear to focus.
Old March 4th, 2010, 07:00 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olabode Lawal View Post
does the t2i record 60fps slo mo shots like the ex3 and others.because i really do shoot a lot of slo mo shots.
It depends what you mean by other cameras and your definition of slow motion. The difference between the EX3 and the T2i/550D is that the EX3 records up to 60 frames a second and plays them back at your chosen frame rate (24,25 or 30) While the T2i/550D records at 60fps AND playback at 60fps leaving you to convert to whatever frame rate in post.

XDCAM EX records that slowmotion for playback at 35mb/s MPEG2 while the T2i will record at 45mb/s and effectively playback slow motion (after converted) will be 18mb/s* H.264 at 24fps.

So in short, no it doesn't record slow motion like the EX3, but it does have the capacity to do slow motion once post processed.

*(45 x 24/60 = 18mb/s)
Old March 5th, 2010, 09:54 AM   #6
Regular Crew

i use adobecs3 to edit so can someone tell me how it works with this application?i mean conforming and all that.please just explain the process.thanks
Olabode Lawal is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD