Help, please BEFORE I Buy - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old March 26th, 2010, 09:58 AM   #16
Major Player

Take a look at this thread for rigs. The lowest price being the Studio4 rig.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eo...-steroids.html
Jim Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2010, 10:51 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Hanna View Post
I am about three days out from purchasing the Canon 7D. I looked hard at the 5D and could not justify the difference between the two cameras especially since I will use it to shoot mainly video. So, here are my questions. Having the 7D, what would you guys say are must haves and knowing now what you do since having your 7D, what would you do differently? Also, what lenses would you buy and why ( I shoot a variety of videos some real estate that features interiors.) and also, I am concerned about audio, so what have you all discovered since the 7D audio is not all that great for pro video work, from what I hear? I have a nice smallHD monitor that I use on the EX-1 that I will use on this camera. No rail system but I have a GlideTrack and a nice Manfrotto HD tripod. Anything else or advice you can offer is greatly appreciated. Also, if you have a dealer recommendation I would like that as well. I have priced B&H and they are very professional and helpful, but price savings is important but not at the cost of paying the difference in the long run when I need service.

Regards,

Phil Hanna
Phil,

For a rig, I would suggest you to go to the indifocus.com web site. They have great products at very affordable prices. I also have a post called "7d on steroids" you could check out. The cool thing about the indifocus products is that once you receive the unit from them, you can virtually configure it the way it best fits you shooting style. For instance, the "ultracompact" from that company comes out with the "C" mounted on the right side: we put it on the left side, we mounted the handle upside down to fit more stuff at the top of the bar (including a lillput monitor), adjusted the position of the sholder pad, front hadles, pretty much everything. If you need to slide the camera out of the rig it's easy since it attaches to it just with a Giotto's quickrelease system. The FF system is also very adjustable and smooth.

Also, in my opinion, buy the 7d, and get better glass with the money you save.

Hope this helps.

Carlo Zanella
The Santa Fe TV Show
Carlo Zanella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2010, 05:04 PM   #18
Major Player

great stuff

the indifocus, terrific seems well build and affordable, film making is an art, and me low gudget, so zac... is way $$%$$ for me,
this thread is great, and the forum too, been long away, back now
Régine Weinberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD