Fotodiox Adapter at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old April 5th, 2010, 02:44 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Fotodiox Adapter

I've been digging as much as I can and haven't yet found anything regarding the two problems I'm experiencing. I've searched the forums and have come up blank but if its been addressed elsewhere hope you'll forgive me for asking again and point me to some answers.

First up is the issues I've seen with the Fotodiox Adapter. Like I'm sure many of you do I use the camera for stills on location as well. When I am using the adapter with any of my manual Nikon of Zeiss lenses for reasons that are unclear to me, if I take a still picture the image turns out a good 2 stops brighter than it should be or that it displayed in live view even with everything set to manual. Thankfully this does not happen in video mode. It also does not happen if in manual mode if I set my ISO to Auto. Very perplexing. I simply cannot fathom why it seems to feel the need to change your settings once you take the picture.

Has anyone else noticed this yet?

- Ray
Old April 7th, 2010, 01:39 PM   #2
Major Player

Hi Ray,

I've noticed the same idiosyncrasy. I've gotten used to doing one of two things - if when in manual and live view you set the exposure by using the meter rather than the exposure simulation the exposure will be correct. It will appear to be underexposed on the LCD while you're composing, but the result will be right. If you use AV, P, Full Auto or set the ISO to automatic the exposure will appear correct in the LCD and also result in a correctly exposed image (as correct as an automatic exposure can be any given the situation).

I hope that makes sense.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD