Re-installing 1.2.1? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old April 24th, 2010, 05:07 PM   #1
Wizard Status

Re-installing 1.2.1?

Has anyone tried re-installing the 7D 1.2.1 firmware? I'm getting an orange box with an error that the firmware file is invalid when I try to re-apply the firmware image to my 7D that is already running 1.2.1.
Tramm Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2010, 08:16 AM   #2
Major Player

For anyone that doesn't know, Tramm Hudson is "THE Wizard" responsible for the Magic Latern frimware that makes these HD-DLSR's more video/audio shooting friendly. Please help him if you've installed the Canon factory firmware he is asking about.

Tramm - I am sorry I cannot help - I try not to install upgrades in the middle of projects.
John Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2010, 09:44 AM   #3
Trustee

I installed 1.2.1 yesterday. but it was an upgrade from an older firmware. I had no problems with that.
Old April 27th, 2010, 05:41 AM   #4
Wizard Status

Right -- the initial upgrade to 1.2.1 works with no problems. Can you try re-installing 1.2.1 on the camera that already has 1.2.1?
Tramm Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2010, 09:57 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Tramm--

I called Canon tech support and asked them. They said that you can't reinstall the same version of firmware that the camera is currently running. They said that if the camera already has the latest firmware, it should be working properly. If it isn't, then it could mean a number of things (i.e. the update wasn't installed correctly, there was an error during the update process, etc.) -- all of which are reasons to send the camera in for service.

If nothing else, give them a call and let them know exactly what it's doing, how you installed it, etc. They may be able to walk you through a fix that over the phone as opposed to parting with your 7D for who knows how long.

Their number: 1-800-652-2666

Hope this helps some. Aloha!
Michael Winget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2010, 03:24 PM   #6
Major Player

I don't think Tramm's firmware version is broken (in need of tech support). I think he's running into a Magic Lantern roadblock on the 7D?
Craig Coston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD