$2400 in a mo. or so to buy a camera, what would you buy? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old May 26th, 2010, 08:47 AM   #31
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Turchick View Post
AND a misconception...you CAN achieve shallow DOF (albeit not as easily as a DSLR) with no extra goodies on any standard video camera. Just have to know how to do it. But that's a different thread!

Hope this helps!
That doesn't help me, where is that other thread you mention about being able to obtain a little bit of shallow DOF on a standard video camera without any goodies at? where's the link?

Are you referring to the almighty zoom in, move out (or is it in?) type of thing which will give you background blur to kinda imitate the DOF? or is it the F stop (apperture right?) type of thing I read somewhere around this massive forum?
Jose M. Torres-Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 11:41 AM   #32
Major Player

To answer a few of your questions, yes Cineform is made for and works very well on PC, and iris = aperture. :)

I have said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again... I plug my Sennheiser G2 wireless straight into my T2i and get flawless, no-hiss/no-noise, very usable audio! The Senny rocks!

Your kit specs look good, but you will find yourself needing more than one memory card very quickly! At least two, so you can shoot on one while dumping data from the other... Without having to stop completely while you copy files off the card.

Oh, and if I was building a PC today, I would absolutely go with an AMD hex-core proc. I have an i7 920, and it's dreamy, but for the cost AMD wins the heck out of that contest.

You should also check out CyberPower PC. - Custom Built Gaming PC and Gaming Laptops, specifically their configurator (basically spec your own system) feature. Cannot beat them on the cost, and they use quality components. At least give them a look before you build your own... (and no, they're not paying me for this... but they should!! lol!)
Bryan Cantwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 10:30 AM   #33
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Cantwell View Post
To answer a few of your questions, yes Cineform is made for and works very well on PC, and iris = aperture. :)

I have said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again... I plug my Sennheiser G2 wireless straight into my T2i and get flawless, no-hiss/no-noise, very usable audio! The Senny rocks!

Your kit specs look good, but you will find yourself needing more than one memory card very quickly! At least two, so you can shoot on one while dumping data from the other... Without having to stop completely while you copy files off the card.

Oh, and if I was building a PC today, I would absolutely go with an AMD hex-core proc. I have an i7 920, and it's dreamy, but for the cost AMD wins the heck out of that contest.

You should also check out CyberPower PC. - Custom Built Gaming PC and Gaming Laptops, specifically their configurator (basically spec your own system) feature. Cannot beat them on the cost, and they use quality components. At least give them a look before you build your own... (and no, they're not paying me for this... but they should!! lol!)
Pretty nice custom built PC site! Actually I used to used companies like that back in the days when I used to do PC's full-time. I prefer to actually piece my personal PC's myself as I know where to cut corners and where not to. But will keep them in mind for a cheap HTPC I need to build for my wife (the only way she will let me spend sooo much money on the cam kit =/ )

BTW Do you suggest a little netbook in the future for when I need longer runs to at least be able to dump one memory like you say? OOOOk

I think you make a lot of sense and I did post on the Panny AVCHD forum what I currently have in my cart based on some info from here. But for the sake of this thread in here I will post the Items.

Panasonic AG-HMC40 AVCCAM HD Camcorder

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/487976-REG/Manfrotto_501HDV_351MVB2K_501HDV_351MVB2K_1_Stage_Tripod_System.html

Also looking at:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/458961-REG/Libec_LS_22_2A__LS_22_2A_Professional_Tripod_System.html

or less expensive tripods from Manfrodo or Libec @ the 200.00 range in order to get a RODE VideoMic.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/674194-REG/Transcend_TS16GSDHC6_16GB_Class_6_SDHC.html
39.50 ea

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/72710-REG/Tiffen_43UVP_43mm_UV_Protector_Filter.html

My total with the 420 tripod is around 2450 shipped.

If I get a sub 200.00 tripod set with the amount saved, would you think I should buy the VideoMic or for my application (music videos for a good 3-4 months) I should invest on some cheap lighting options since I'm getting the lower low-light performance of the HMC40?

BTW if you wish to respond, please use my other thread on the Panny forum by clicking below.
Kinda building the cart up for future purchase, opinions please!
Jose M. Torres-Lopez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD