WHat LCD viewer do you have and why? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old June 9th, 2010, 08:08 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany McMichael View Post
Hoodman Hoodloupe with the Redrock loupe attachment. DO NOT pay the extra bucks for the Hoodman Cinema Straps. They are crappy glorified rubberbands that don't hold it in place and will easily snap.
Ditto for Hoodman Hoodloupe. About 110 bucks - a very good solution. The Redrock attachment seems to work in any of the different situations I will use the Hoodloupe - handleld with bracket, with Hakuba hand strap, with tripod quick release.I prefer the 1X magnification over the 2.5 or 3X of the Zacuto (pixels are too big for focus), although one can get a 3X magnifier and better eyecup for the Hoodloupe for an extra $30. I can't see why anyone spends $400 for Zacuto - Hoodman does a good job for critical focus.
Sam Kanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 12:40 AM   #17
Major Player

I just wIsh the Hoodman had a magnetic mount like the LCDVF. I love being able to snap it on and off.
Bryan McCullough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 03:05 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles Debord View Post
Hi

I use a broadcast viewfinder.
Why ? this viewfinder is really very crispy and it's B/W, with it you can focus sharply and follow a moving subject (animal) with your video head. That's why i adapt it on my 7D, the only risk is a plugging error and the price inflation of the FU-1000.
Old June 16th, 2010, 09:46 PM   #19
New Boot

I have a Z-finder Pro 2.5x and am not at all impressed with it. The construction is amazing, and it seems to function perfectly, it just doesn't seem useful. It might make focusing harder. Everything looks blurry because the pixels just get enlarged.

Maybe I just need to use it more, but as of now, and using it 3 times I don't like it.
Philip Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2010, 05:55 AM   #20
Major Player

I remember starting a thread some months ago about the z-finder v. the competition .... because my own conclusion was that I prefer not to enlarge the LCD. I can do that manually on the camera anyway before I shoot. So it was a strange situation where I prefer the cheaper viewfinders such as the Hoodman.
Jon Braeley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD